Sign in to follow this  
drthomas23

PageLines Framework 2.1.5 is available. You should update now.

drthomas23

For the second time I received the message below, attempted to update the PageLines framework, and the update failed: "PageLines Framework 2.1.5 is available. You should update now." So, I click the update now hyperlink and was brought the the update themes page, I checked Pagelines Framework and clicked Update Theme and then received the following message. -------------------------------------------------------------------------- The update process is starting. This process may take a while on some hosts, so please be patient. Updating Theme (1/1) An error occurred while updating : The theme is at the latest version.. All updates have been completed. Return to Themes page | Return to WordPress Updates -------------------------------------------------------------------------- Like I stated, the update failed and now my site has reverted back to the Twenty Eleven them. I also cannot upload and re-install the PageLines framework manually because the PageLines destination folder already exists. To get everything working again I have to connect to our web server and delete the pagelines folder, then upload and install the new PageLines Framework v2.1.5. Any suggestions why clicking "update now" fails and corrupts the PageLines theme? We are running Wordpress on our internal IIS server.

Simon
Possibly the windows server fails to delete the folder before installing the new one? Sorry I dont have any experience with ISS. You cannot simply use the theme installer to upgrade a theme, you will always get the destination exists error on any server, its there to install not upgrade. If the auto upgrader is failing looks like you will have to manually upload the files.