Sign in to follow this  
amppromatic

how to fix error in rich snippet testing?

amppromatic

How to fix below error? Rel name = View all posts in Roof Curb Adapter rel = tag url = http://pro-datum.com/category/roof-curb-adapter/ Warning: Missing required field "entry-title". hentry Warning: At least one field must be set for HatomEntry. Warning: Missing required field "entry-title". Warning: Missing required field "updated". Warning: Missing required hCard "author".

Rob
That appears to be a plugin, not a PageLines product. What plugins are you using? Something from www.schema.org perhaps?

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur

amppromatic
h author review But I think we need to update singlepost.php file to get this error clear. I an not sure, how to fix it

catrina
Update the singlepost.php file by changing the code? (Note: Editing any of the core files isn't advised) Have you already tried deactivating your other active plugins?

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

Founder | Catrina and Mouse

amppromatic
so you suggesting that I should not touch singlepost.php file or any of the files? Let me try by deactivating another plugins.

Simon
EcoPro was created before rich snippets were invented. You will have to manually edit the theme files to add the extra code.

amppromatic
Can I have step by step information, how to do that in EcoPro? Are EcoPro updating theme to support schema markup?

Jenny
What you're asking is definitely beyond our scope for forum support. You may wish to consider requesting a quote from one of our authorized Professional designers by visiting [url="http://www.pagelines.com/pros/"]our Pros page[/url].

Jenny :: Web designer at Simple Mama (follow me at @simplemamacom)

Check out Share Me, a social sharing add-on for DMS that is super simple to set up.

amppromatic
which file contains

code? Snippet Errors: Warning: Missing required field ???entry-title???. Warning: Missing required field ???updated???. Warning: Missing required hCard ???author???. For the missing field entry-title:

Read more: http://imstash.com/fix-google-snippets-errors-wordpress/#ixzz1rvxMKyXE Under Creative Commons License: Attribution Non-Commercial No Derivatives

Simon
The file to edit is _theloop.php

amppromatic
If I change this file, dost it effect to my website?

Simon
That file is where the_title() is located

amppromatic
I can't find line in theloop.php file

Simon
http://www.screencast.com/t/V7iGegImdlK2

amppromatic
I am not satisfied. I think small stuff you not giving me answer properly. I need to fix some files to see rich snippet. Can you guide me properly? Snippet Errors: Warning: Missing required field ???entry-title???. Warning: Missing required field ???updated???. Warning: Missing required hCard ???author???. For the missing field entry-title:

Read more: http://imstash.com/fix-google-snippets-errors-wordpress/#ixzz1sOph08oU Under Creative Commons License: Attribution Non-Commercial No Derivatives

Jenny
To find text within a file, download (and extract) the zip file to your computer. Then use a code editing program to search the folder for the string. As I've stated before, what you're asking is definitely beyond our scope for forum support. You may wish to consider requesting a quote from one of our authorized Professional designers by visiting our [url="http://www.pagelines.com/pros/"]Pros page[/url].

Jenny :: Web designer at Simple Mama (follow me at @simplemamacom)

Check out Share Me, a social sharing add-on for DMS that is super simple to set up.

Rob
Hi, I'm sorry to read that you're dissatisfied with our support. I believe this comes from some basic misunderstanding of the level of support we're obligated to provide. First let's get you some basic understanding. PageLines' EcoPro is an older theme and was created before rich snippets existed and therefore there is no guarantee that even by editing core files your goal will be successful. Please understand too, that you've been advised which files need to be changed, even though we never recommend editing core files. This was done because there will be no expected updates to the EcoPro theme. Next, the level of support in this forum doesn't cover customization support when any client is attempting to things which are outside the norms for the software we create. If you want to attempt to use rich snippets you have two options: Follow the guidance already provided or, engage one of our Pros to attempt this, but even with that, there will be no forum support and no guarantees provided that it will work. Simple_mama is correct that you need to search for strings as we do not provide code search services here. That's the client's responsibility, exclusively. Additionally, we will not provide information about how to edit those files further than already generously provided. To answer your question "Can you guide me properly?", the answer is no, we cannot. We don't provide this type of support here.

amppromatic
okay thanks for letting me know

Rob
No problem.