Sign in to follow this  
lakersalex

text-indent trick to hide text on image based nav not working

lakersalex

I used the text-indent trick to hide/move anchor text away to reveal the image based nav for social buttons, and now site width expands to display the text. I'm hesitant to set the width of the body because I'm afraid it will mess with the responsive function. It would be nice if there were MANY more social buttons available so I didn't need to create my own custom menu... :)

lakersalex
So I set the .site overflow to hidden and now the width isn't chasing down the hidden text! Any unintended side effects this might cause? Thanks!

catrina
I can add the social buttons suggestion to a weekly report I'll be submitting. I don't think there is anything wrong with setting the site to overflow, but you can read more about overflow here: http://www.w3schools.com/cssref/pr_pos_overflow.asp

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

Founder | Catrina and Mouse

lakersalex
Thanks! Yeah, it would be cool if you could have a function where you can add a social icon by submitting a thumbnail, title and url, since social networks are mushrooming! Then you just add your own as you need to.