Sign in to follow this  
thelobbyist

Boxes on Pages. Need Help Asap Please!

thelobbyist

The test site where I'm experiencing the problem is at citizensphcy.com. Building this for the family business and need to move it over to the official domain tomorrow is possible. On the home page you will see Boxes "products & services," "home health care," etc. I've created pages that list the content for each of these, but am using the Boxes as my navigation beacons. The problem is that it seems that there is no way to display Boxes on a page. So when someone clicks a Box from the home page and drills down a level, the Boxes are no longer there to allow for further site navigation. No matter what I try in the settings, it doesn't seem having Boxes on pages is an option. So I need some help to either see something I'm not seeing or hard coding my boxes into the page area. Thanks!

catrina
What are your Template settings and the PageLines Meta settings for the page where you want boxes to display?

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

Founder | Catrina and Mouse

thelobbyist
Well in the template for "Page Content Area" which is I'm assuming for pages does not have an option to place boxes on the page. As for individual meta settings on the page I have my default box group turned on to show and max boxes to show as "4".

Rob
You're quite right. Boxes don't go into the Page Content Area or any content area because they're designed, in PlatformPro to be full width. Having them in a content are would ruin the page and knock out your sidebars. However, if you use a different template for your page, such as Boxes Template, or Custom Template, you certainly may have boxes present. They just won't be inside the content area. Only above it or below it. That said, if you still want boxes inside the content area (which is only the area where content itself, not sidebars, goes), then you can use the Boxer Plugin to apply boxes via a shortcode. Since I don't see sidebars on those two pages, I imagine you could just as easily apply any template you wish (including one with boxes). Remember, with drag and drop, you can move the boxes section up and down on a page so that it's over or below the content.

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur

thelobbyist
Thanks for the info rangelone. I think the best way to solve my problem is to try experimenting with another template that will allow me to keep the boxes below the content area.

thelobbyist
Oh, I don't know what you mean by drag and drop. I thought that was in the new pagelines theme. It's not in platformpro is it?

Danny
Hi thelobbyist, Platform Pro also has Drag and Drop functionality, by allowing you to drag and drop sections into position on templates.

Please search our forums, before posting!