Sign in to follow this  
create180design

increase width of one page

create180design

I need to increase the width of just one of the pages for my site. I'm adding an iframe and the iframe is wider that the current settings. I don't want to adjust the width for the entire site as that will mess up all my other settings. Is there a way to get the width changed for just one page? I have the page ID as "page-id-248". Thanks!

catrina
You can use CSS that includes the page ID (i.e. body.page-id-248) to increase the site width. A more specific solution can be determined using Firebug. Do you want just the content area width to change (if you need to change the overall width, the header width would need to be adjusted too)?

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

Founder | Catrina and Mouse

create180design
Yes, I want to change the overall width. I did try firebug with the following and it did not do anything. #[code] #body.page-id-248 { width: 1250px; } #header.page-id-248 { width: 1250px; } [/code]

Danny
Hi, Try this instead: [code]body .page-id-248 { width: 1250px; } .page-id-248 #header { width: 1250px; }[/code] I was unable to see any page on your website with an ID of 248.

Please search our forums, before posting!

create180design
its the page called: www.semtechit.com/portal I tried the code you gave but it seems to only shift the site over to the right.

Danny
Hi, OK, I had a look and why don't you simply change the width of the iFrame ? [code][/code] Change the width from 100% to something that doesn't mean you have to change the width of a specific page.

create180design
let's say we can't change the iframe size, how can I change the width of the page?

Danny
OK, well first things first, you have posted in Platform Pro forum, when you're using PageLines Framework, this is very confusing. Second, can you go to Color Control and in there, change from Full Width Sections to Fixed Width please. Once you have done this, please reply here.

create180design
Hi Danny. Thanks for pointing that out. I just looked it up and I now see that they are two separate programs. From now on, I will post in page lines framework. 2- I have changed to fixed width

Rob
I've updated your original post to the proper product. With the change to fixed width, you can now apply the CSS to change the width of the page. Alternatively, the iFrame should now pick up the fixed width and fit within 100% of the content area. Let us know if this fixed the problem.

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur

create180design
Ok, So I changed the layout to fixed width, then tried using the code above and still no effect. Then I tried the iframe code and set it to 95% and all that did was make the frame smaller but not the content. The objective is to remove the horizontal scroll bar on the bottom of the iframe. I still have the site set at Fixed width. I did have some adjustment when I worked around with the content.pad but it didn't bring the white background with it. Any thoughts?

Jenny
I don't like to use iframes personally but perhaps this will help you (found with a simple Google search): http://www.knowledgesutra.com/discuss/tpflop-remove-iframes-scrollbars.html http://stackoverflow.com/questions/65034/remove-border-from-iframe http://stackoverflow.com/questions/4856746/hide-vertical-scrollbar-on-an-iframe

Jenny :: Web designer at Simple Mama (follow me at @simplemamacom)

Check out Share Me, a social sharing add-on for DMS that is super simple to set up.