Sign in to follow this  
radroz

How do I get the child theme CSS to fire last in Pagelines Framework?

radroz

Looks like the dynamic CSS is firing after the child theme CSS - need help to fix that please.

Simon
Install the customize plugin. It is included right before

radroz
But why wouldn't the base child theme do it? I shouldn't need both. PlatformPro did great with just a base child theme, so I'm confused why this would go backward.

catrina
I believe because the custom CSS in the Pagelines Customize plugin fires last in Framework whereas the base theme CSS fires before it.

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

Founder | Catrina and Mouse

radroz
So they're going to fix that, right? We shouldn't have to gum up the site with two different sets of custom CSS.

catrina
I'll need to add this to a weekly report of reoccurring issues so that it's looked at.

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

Founder | Catrina and Mouse

Simon
[quote]So they're going to fix that, right?[/quote] What is there to fix? The order of CSS is this: 1. Main css objects 2. Framework style.css 3. sections css 4. child style.css if applicable. 5. Dynamic CSS ( from settings ) 6. LESS CSS ( core/settings/sections ) 7. customize plugin style.css 8. CSS from custom css box inside admin settings. If we put child css later than it is, users will not be able to change anything in the settings. If you really MUST have your style.css at the end, then look into un-registering it and then adding your style.css to the end using the wp_head action.

radroz
Seriously, Simon ??”? what is the point of having or using a child theme if it's going to be overridden by core settings? The purpose of the child theme is to replace the core settings! This actually *worked* in PlatformPro, but now with the "improved" Pagelines Framework, we have to use two different sets of CSS? Tell me how THAT makes sense at all.

Simon
Those settings will be layout options, colors, fonts etc etc. If you want to disable settings there are ways to do that too. Unless of course you want your user to install your child theme, then have a settings page that does nothing.