Sign in to follow this  
admin_mdp12

2 different navbar

admin_mdp12

I need to have 2 different navbar in different pages, the aim is to create a bilingual site (now is only italian, but I'm creating the english version of every page, boxes, features, ecc.) and to assign an Italian or English menu to each page. how can I do? there is another solution to bilingual site (looking at the forum the answer is no...) A related problem is where I can put the buttons to switch the languages... if I use the brandnav the social icons disappear... it's possible to create an additional menu like the blackone in the pagelines site? or create button like the ones in the pagelines homepage? thank you!!! Fabio

gyoery
Have you considered buying the WPML plugin from wordpress (WPML = Wordpress Multi Language)? I can explain to you how it can be achieved using css, but it will be an ugly and cumbersome solution. About the placement of your Buttons, check out this page: http://wp10987297.wp224.webpack.hosteurope.de/wordpress (not the design, only the top buttons) and tell me if that is what you had in mind...

admin_mdp12
I've considered it. WPML seems perfect, but I read in the forum that someone had problem in pagelines integration... for example translating the text in boxes or soapboxes... I can duplicate the boxes set and translate manually, but how I can assign to the translated page? the example of the button is correct, I'm looking for a more charming design but the idea is correct thank you

gyoery
Yea.. its just PoC (Proof of concept). There are a few ways to achieve this (menu on top): 1. Using Boxes in the Page header (that's what I did) 2. Using brandnav, as language selection (probably the easiest, if you dont need the brandnav) 3. Using hooks. (A PL Supporter will tell you how it is done, involves adding code to the function.php) Tell us which way you want to try and we will guide you along... Also, you could consider cloning your WP on the same server using a different DB so you would have all the comments and stuff separately. I have no Idea how/if it is possible to have 2 blog pages in one wp install (I don't think so). Maybe an official Pagelines Supporter has further insight to this topic.

Jenny
Have you looked in to a language switching plugin? http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/search.php?q=language It may be able to translate the nav and everything in one shot, then you wouldn't need 2 navs. Also, make sure you check out this topic for translating individual text strings: http://www.pagelines.com/forum/discussion/17169/how-to-change-a-text-string-with-poedit.#Item_17

Jenny :: Web designer at Simple Mama (follow me at @simplemamacom)

Check out Share Me, a social sharing add-on for DMS that is super simple to set up.

gyoery
I also recomended the plugin, but he wants do to it manually...

Danny
Hi Fabio, Using the plug-in like @Simple_Mama suggested would be the best solution for you.

Please search our forums, before posting!

admin_mdp12
thank you all, now I make same tries and I let you know...

admin_mdp12
afters asking deep details to WPML staff it is the best solution. There is something similar and free online... but i'm not expert and WPML is quite easy.