Sign in to follow this  
glcadmin

Upgrading to soapbox 1.0.0 is taking a long time is this usual?

glcadmin

I am trying to upgrade the soapbox section to the new one but it is taking an unusually long time to do so. I have turned off all plugins and have the sections plugin activated so I can see the sectinos in the store. But after pressing the upgrade button I just get the modal window with the upgrading animation. I have let this run for 15 minutes so I am thinking it is encountering some kind of error. Any insight would be helpful. thanks

Rob
Yes, it does sound like it's encountering a problem. I'd suggest shutting the browser completely (no windows or tabs open) then restarting and viewing it again. This sounds like it simply got into a loop. Probably the plugin was updated. You can find out by going to Dashboard > PageLines > Store and it will tell you which version the Soapboxes are at present. You can also find out via Dashboard > Plugins > Installed Plugins. When this has happened to me (rarely), the plugin was always updated. It's just the modal window that loops.

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur

glcadmin
Thanks for the quick reply. I checked the server and it was still the old (0.3) version. I did workaround the issue by downloading and installing the section manually. I guess this is just aan fyi for whoever maintains that section. Keep up the good work y'all.