Sign in to follow this  
alainafrederick

Changing Jigoshop "add to cart" buttons

alainafrederick

I'm using Jigoshop on my website and I'm having an issue with the shopping cart buttons being white/greyed out until you hoover over them. Does anyone know how to change this? I'm trying to find where it might be in the CSS but it's so confusing as there are no breaks in the CSS it's just one straight endless line of code.

trying to figure out all the capabilities of pagelines

Rob
Are you using Firebug for Firefox? http://www.getfirebug.com That will give you structure to the CSS so you can edit, test and then copy/paste it and apply the changes. I'm unsure why the items are changing colors. I don't know what I'm specifically looking for. Can you point me to a particular example?

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur

alainafrederick
If you look at http://dinkerandgiggles.com/shop/shop/organic-bamboo-rattle/ and select a color you should then have a blue add to cart button but it is not there until you hoover over it. I asked the jigoshop people and they said it was a Pagelines issue.

catrina
This is a CSS issue, which can be resolved by using Firebug to inspect your CSS and come up with a CSS customization that can get rid of the input button background color. Are you already using Firebug?

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

Founder | Catrina and Mouse

alainafrederick
Well I got it but it also changed the "Search" input button and can't find where to change the "Search" text to just white instead of black with a white shadow.

Rob
Alaina, I looked at your CSS in Firebug. Here's what I found: [code]input[type="submit"], .submit, input[type="button"], .button, input[type="reset"], .reset { background: url("./images/button-grey-up.png") repeat-x scroll left bottom transparent; cursor: pointer; }[/code] The important bit is "./images/button-grey-up.png" Looking at this image, it's grey, with white text over it. That's the default image background (we did not put that image there, nor color it). On hover, the image switches to a blue one. Respects to the folks at JigoShop but since they included the button, I'm unclear how they're blaming us? Perhaps because they presume the color of the link is in your settings? I doubt that's possible or all your menus with links would be white. Using Firebug, you'll notice that this [code] background: none repeat scroll 0 0 #EEEEEE; border-color: #E1E1E1 #D1D1D1 #D1D1D1 #E1E1E1; border-right: 1px solid #D1D1D1;[/code] has been crossed out by addition of other code elsewhere, rendering it ineffective: [code]a.pagelines-blink, a.soapbox_link, #feature_slider .fcontent a.post-edit-link, .button, input[type="submit"], input[type="button"], input[type="reset"], .submit { -moz-border-bottom-colors: none; -moz-border-image: none; -moz-border-left-colors: none; -moz-border-right-colors: none; -moz-border-top-colors: none; background: none repeat scroll 0 0 #EEEEEE; border-color: #E1E1E1 #D1D1D1 #D1D1D1 #E1E1E1; border-right: 1px solid #D1D1D1; border-style: solid; border-width: 1px; color: #333333; display: block; float: left; font-size: 12px; line-height: 12px; margin-right: 0.8em; text-decoration: none; text-shadow: 0 1px 0 #FFFFFF; }[/code] We didn't do that either. I promise! Looking at the shop cart after actually adding an item and all the buttons present there are also using a grey background, turning orange on hover. I think it's just a matter of changing that background image.

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur