Sign in to follow this  
Gavin_

why oh why does the navigation css have to be so complicated!

Gavin_

Hi all it seems that this element is the hurdle i approach every time i scrawl through the many posts and often the solutions suggested do not work. i go back to previous websites i have built and they dont work i am aware of of the simple css lite but its just that lite is there anyway this couldbe made easier - especially with regards to the pesky current item hover background would it be possible if one of the support team could clean up the numerous threads around this topic and produce the definitive version. if you read through them you will see that sometimes it is reported that the suggestions don't work. thanks thanks

gyoery
Everything is relative... that said, the best way to make the css easier for you, is to improve your css skills. If you have an actual question we can help you with, don't hesitate to ask. For the rest, you'll have to wait for an answer of the support team.

Rob
Gavin, I understand your frustration and will address this issue in discussion with the developers. If you have a particular, specific problem, as you know, we've never hesitated to provide assistance, whether it's been accepted or rejected. Please feel free to let us know what element you're trying to fix and how. Gyoery is a fellow client, like yourself and not part of the Moderator team. I think he's trying to simply be helpful. Thanks for your patience.

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur

gyoery
What do you mean by "trying to be" :D I'm going for the number 1 spot... why? for the lulz and the expirience... + some of the sites inspire me, give me design ideas, etc. "It's impossible to do something good without gaining something more valuable"- A. Einstein

Andrew
There is a special surprise coming for you guys in version 2.2 Teaser: http://i.imgur.com/1tv4c.png

Gavin_
Thanks Rangelone - my intention was to try and encourage a clean up of the threads regarding the CSS and navigation - Danny started some excellent common tweaks threads @arpowers that sounds intriguing - when is 2.2 out?

Danny
@gavin_launchpad - yeah I am going to be addressing the PageLines Framework CSS tweaks and add them to the Docs. As soon as I get started I'll send you a PM! Also, have you not tried using Uber Menu plug-in ? I actually use it myself, it's pretty awesome and works perfectly with PageLines Framework. http://wpmegamenu.com/ @gyoery The number one spot is mine and mine alone. Therefore, you may try but will ultimately fail lol :P

Please search our forums, before posting!

gyoery
@Danny correct me if I'm wrong, but at the moment you only have silver...:D :D :D