njumara

Are feature settings in post editor (using post category) gone?

njumara

Hi, I updated and something seems to have changed. Currently, I use the feature slider on my home page. I have it set to use post category from main blog loop. I assign the featured image. Before the upgrade I had two sets of pagelines settings. The first was "Pagelines Meta Settings" (controlling all of the settings for that particular post (sidebars, features, carousel, whatever I set, etc.) This is working fine. I had a second set of settings called "Feature Settings" Here I could change the position of the text (left, right bottom) and that was all I could do really after the previous upgrade. (Again, this for customizing a feature slide on my homepage, not on the post page itself.) I realize that settings are not available for the background image, etc. My questions are: Is the "Feature Settings" gone for good in the post editor when feature meta is set to Use Post Category? 2) How can I change the position of the text (including using no text and making the featured image clickable as a link)? I read the updates to the css I need to use in my child theme, but I would like to know how that will allow me to set the text differently for each feature slide in Use Post Category. 3) Using the feature slider to show slides from a Post Category is a function that appears to be continually degrading. Is this going to continue to do so? Is it not recommended by the Pagelines team to use a Post Category for the feature slider? Basically, I can create a new "feature post" and link it to the regular post I create for my blog but this seems like a lot of work. However, I can't use "Use Post Category" if I lose the functionality to customize the feature slide. Please advise and thanks.

Danny

Hi Njumara, If you login to your Wordpress Admin Dashboard > PageLines > Settings >Advanced and then tick the box for "(Feature Section) Enable "Post-As-Feature" Control Metapanel Pro", this will enable the Feature Settings on Blog Posts, check the screenshots below. http://www.screencast.com/t/N4kte9sj9ftV http://www.screencast.com/t/7fr0cDyhyn22

• Like 1

Please search our forums, before posting!

purnimagore

Hi

I tried to find the settings for Advanced and (Feature Section) but couldn't. Is this not available on professional edition?

Thanks, Purnima

Rob

It should be on Pro and Dev editions alike.

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur

purnimagore

Hi. The route to them looks different but I found them in the end. Thanks

Danny

Ah yeah, the post is from a while back and Settings has been replace with Site Options.

Danny

The topic was marked as resolved.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• janpeeters
      By janpeeters
      Over the last month I had extensive communications with the developer of the (premium) Anything Boxes section (in Pagelines store) (Adam Munns) and the developer of the WP Polylang Multilingual plugin (Frederic Demarle).

This was because the following problem occurred:
      Anything Boxes showed all posts of two languages (Dutch and English) on the respective static frontpages for each language. It should of course have filtered posts for Dutch language on the Dutch frontpage and English on the English frontpage.

The solution to this problem was simple in the end. When duplicating a page for use in another language the settings for Anything Boxes were not copied to the new page and I should have set these settings manually again on the new page. I wasn't aware of this, but it makes sense. Because of this the pages didn't know how to differentiate between posts from different languages.

The dev of Polylang told me that Polylang is currently smart enough to synchronize metas like Featured images and page templates but it does not work out of the box with metas created by plugins and themes but (according to Frederic) it is rather easy to add them in the list using the filter 'pll_copy_post_metas'.
      He mentions that he is not sure that these 'PageLines Meta Settings' are stored in post meta but that would make sense according to him. He asks if the Pagelines dev team will be interested to support this feature in the future.

I'm also wondering if you will consider adding Polylang translation support for manually editable strings like the 'Read more…' strings in Pagelines Settings.

Well that's of course up to you but I thought to let you know to be able to take this into consideration. I also post this for other users in case they experience the same kind of trouble and are looking for an answer.

Best regards,
      Jan Peeters
    • bankrollbuilder
      By bankrollbuilder
      I used a custom hook to put a banner ad in my header. It works but its not in the right position. it is centered and above my logo and I would like to float it to the right of my logo in the header. heres the link: http://shaboopie.com/shaboopie-wp/free-logos-pg1/

thanks.

Dan B.
    • starlit
      By starlit
      Can one have two hero sections on one page?

I want a landing page which leads/advertises two subpages.

Or is there another option?

Please help.

THANK YOU
    • hutruk
      By hutruk
      Hi!

I am using the shortcodes for tabs, as described in the documentation.

When I insert the following code:

[pl_tabs][pl_tabtitlesection type="tabs"] [pl_tabtitle number="1"]Title 1[/pl_tabtitle] [pl_tabtitle number="2"]Title 2[/pl_tabtitle] [/pl_tabtitlesection] [pl_tabcontentsection] [pl_tabcontent active="yes" number="1"] Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit [/pl_tabcontent] [pl_tabcontent number="2"] Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit [/pl_tabcontent] [/pl_tabcontentsection] [/pl_tabs]

I get a strange output (in the attachment).

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance!

• MooiWeb
      By MooiWeb
      Hello,

I would like to align my qtranslate with my breadcrumb so that the flags are on the same hight.
      I'm aware of putting a code in the custom css and tryed severall codes from your site but for now, no succes

The site i'm working on is http://nieuw.vazdias.nl

Thx,
      Edwin