Sign in to follow this  
johnathan

Static Homepage Question

johnathan

Hi guys, I currently use Pagelines Framework 2.1.5 and I want to switch from my current blog homepage to a static one with a carousel. How do I go about changing this, so my homepage will be static and not the blog post site? Thanks for your help!

catrina
In Settings > Reading, you can set any regular page you want as the static home page. Just make sure that regular page you select already exists and has the carousel enabled on it.

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

Founder | Catrina and Mouse

johnathan
Thanks Catrina! Is there any way you can help me add a carousel to that page I now have as the homepage? I currently have a plugin called jQuery Slides. Im not expecting you to give me a step by step guide. But maybe you could help me with what you think is best and easiest to use regarding a carousel?

catrina
Ah, I thought you were using the default carousel that comes with the theme. Where did you get the plugin from? A jQuery site or the WordPress plugin directory?

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

Founder | Catrina and Mouse

johnathan
This is the carousel/image slider I would LOVE to have on my homepage. No idea where to even begin thou. http://www.zurb.com/playground/jquery_image_slider_plugin

johnathan
Okay I guess I can start with just using the carousel within the theme. So I've created a page and then added the first slide to the carousel through the NextGen Gallery. On the page settings however, it says that the carousel is inactive. How do I active it? Thank you