Sign in to follow this  
jonthompson

How do I create a background slideshow?

jonthompson

I realize that this may take some custom coding, but that is exactly what I want to discuss here. I have a theme currently on the site that has a background slideshow. I would like to create a page template that will do this for only the home page. I think this can be done with jquery? I still want to be able to use the feature on other pages. I want the control at the bottom. Ideas? I want to complete this project and post my results to help everybody. I also want to be as detailed as possible because we all are using the same theme.

jonthompson

Thank you, I ended up using Site Background Slider by Press Pixels. *important: - Unless you have some kind of jQuery framework already in place, you must turn it off in the settings of this plugin. - The default image folder for the slider images are wp-includes/images/slider. If you keep this location you have to FTP the the images.

jankowalski

check this wp-supersized

jonthompson

ok, I have these 2 plugins: wp-supersized and NextGEN gallery on Framework but I cannot get it to work right. I created the gallery, adjusted settings in both plugins and no cigar. could you guys take another look :)http://huntersfairwaysir.info