Sign in to follow this  
hockpunk426

Issues with Features

hockpunk426

I started to create some features for the front of my new site however they do not appear correctly. Please visit the site for a better understanding. It is on the home page http://livingspacebychris.com/ I have tried adding text on the bottom, left, and right and for one reason or another they end up appearing as they do. I tried adding a different plugin called Featured Content Gallery instead of using what came with platform pro, however the only way to add it seems to be a hook but a hook will show up all over the site and I want it just on the front page so that wont work. Can someone please help me get this thing up and running. Thanks in advance.

gyoery
Probably this wont fix it, but you should consider resizing your images to fit your feature slider. You are using really heavy images, which are bloating your page... After you've done that, let us know, and I'll check again what could be done...

hockpunk426
The problem existed with the default images. I only added the bulky ones as a quick check.

gyoery
that is strange. Try this quick fix: .fcontainer, .feature-wrap, .feature-pad {width:100%;} you probably only need one (the first) of the 3 but try it out.

hockpunk426
That did not work. Should I try to deactivate and uninstall it and then try to reinstall it? Where would I find the this plugin for download?

catrina
The feature-pad area where the slide is contained needs to be at 980px. You should try adding this CSS to see if that resolves the visibility issue: [code].feature-pad {width: 980px !important;}[/code] Your image is still blown up. Have you tried deactivating any active plugins to see if the image is still resizing?

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

Founder | Catrina and Mouse

hockpunk426
I tried deactivating plugins one by one and that did not work. I also tried adding your code it. Your code is still active on the site. It has not worked. There is no instruction as to the size the image needs to be. You had mentioned 980 X ... What is the second variable. As mentioned before the images shouldn't matter because it was the same way by default.

hockpunk426
Ok so now I am trying to change the color scheme and nothing is changing. I have a feeling that their is something wrong. A couple of days ago it start doing this thing where as I am changing colors in the design control it wasn't changing it on the site. Once I changed it back to default it started working again and now I am back in the same boat. I have used platform pro to build 5 or 6 sites and this is the first time I have ever had issues. Should I save the content and delete and rebuild. Maybe install of the theme didn't work?

catrina
You can try re-installing the theme (just make sure you have your content and settings backed up). Also, make sure you're using the latest version of PlatformPro. Are you using the same host for the other sites you built?

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

Founder | Catrina and Mouse

hockpunk426
Yeah, I dont know what happened but I deleted the site and put it back up and everything is fine. Now that I am looking at it the menu screens looked funny as well. Thanks for the help!