Sign in to follow this  
lloydfilms

Post Template doesn't appear in template drop down

lloydfilms

I've searched the other post about this to no avail. In the "template" drop down menu in the "Page attributes" area where you tell Wordpress what template to use for a certain page, it does not show my "post pages" template or "single posts" template as an option. I see "default page" "Box" "carousel" etc. So my blog area where I post is acting like a default template with just a content area. I would like to use all the posting features like "sharing icons" etc. that are included with the blog and post templates.

tsalstrand
In Platform Pro (i.e. v1) you won't be able to choose a page template when writing a post. So it sounds like you are accidentally creating a page. Go to the template setup area, select from the drop down your posts page and make sure you have everything you want in it. Then go to posts>create new Fill in the information. There will NOT be a drop down box to choose page attributes because you are not creating a PAGE but a POST. On the right hand side you will be able to select what you want included on that specific post. Then publish and check your post. Hope that helps!

lloydfilms
Thanks! That does make sense now that I have read a bit more. It certainly takes awhile to get ones mind around this framework.

catrina
@gyoery is right. Pages allow you to select the page attributes and posts do not (this is a WordPress default).

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

Founder | Catrina and Mouse