Sign in to follow this  
myriambahi

Highlight page template on White House Pro

myriambahi

Hello, I have 2 question very straightforward : 1. I want to remove the sidebar. i tried the several options at the bottom of the page when I add a new page. It allows me to change the position from right to left / or to choose another bar. But nothing allows me just to remove it. 2. I want to replace this sidebar made for widgets and replace it by a sidebar for "categories" or "carousel" Can you tell me how to do this ? thank you

bryan-hadaway

I'm not quite sure I understand 2, but hiding the sidebar is simple, just add this to your Custom CSS:

#sidebar{display:none}

Thanks, Bryan

myriambahi

Hi Brian, where is my custom CSS ? Also i don t want to remove this side bar for all the highlight pages but for some of them only. Thank you

cmunns

The custom CSS can be entered in the theme options menu > Custom code panel > custom css text field. If you're trying to replace sidebars though you wouldn't want to use that code as it will get rid of it completely

myriambahi

"Custom CSS Insert custom CSS styling here (this will override any default styling" My question is : can I remove this sidebar only for 1 highlight page but keep the side bar in the highlight page template ? It looks that with the command given, I will get ride of the side bar on all the pages. Thank you

cmunns

This is true. If you want to use the same command, but only get rid of it on the one page you'll have to view the source of the page or find the page-id and modify the CSS to look something like this `.page-id-33 #sidebar {display:none;}` where the page id is the number of the page you want to get rid of the sidebar on.