Sign in to follow this  
johndb

Backgrounds vs. Full-width elements

johndb

Is there any way to have a white page, a background image, and full width elements with PageLines Dev? Examples: Full-width header --> signmakersmanchester.co.uk Background image --> banner-printing.net I am trying to make the green header go full-width without sacrificing the background image.

Danny
Hi John, If you login to your Wordpress Admin Dashboard >PageLines > Settings > Color Control and select Full-Width Sections. You will then need to use custom CSS to your header/branding to allow it to be full width for example: [code]#branding .texture {background-color: black;}[/code]

Please search our forums, before posting!

johndb
Thank you for your reply. You are correct with what you say but you haven't understood my question. If I select Full-width, my [u]background image [i](grey texture)[/i] will be my page[/u], and my text won't lie on the [u]white page[/u] of a fixed with section. So, how do I keep the [u]white page[/u], the [u]grey background[/u], AND have a [u]full width-header[/u]?

Jenny
Have you played around the different layouts and color combinations? You will need to use full-width for sure but you should be able to use something with a canvas. It just takes some playing around to get it how you want it.

Jenny :: Web designer at Simple Mama (follow me at @simplemamacom)

Check out Share Me, a social sharing add-on for DMS that is super simple to set up.

gyoery
if u dont give us ur page, how do you expect us to help?? Basically you take the full width design, set the #header .content to width:100% and make your #content .content any color you want.

johndb
@gyoery I gave URL's to my sites in first post. One is full-width, the other is fixed-width. I have implemented your suggestion in Full-width mode, and this is the CSS; [code] #branding .texture { background-color: #80CB00; } #content .content { background-color: #FFFFFF; } [/code]

catrina
It would be easier for me to understand what you're trying to achieve with the header and the background if I see a mock-up of it. Would it be possible for you to post an image that shows how you want the header and background to look?

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

Founder | Catrina and Mouse

gyoery
but like that you still dont have a full width header just 1 color with the background, but not really full width. If you want it to be full width, you have to set the header .content to 100%. This would make your Branding float completely left. Hope you got what u need.