Sign in to follow this  
petr

Different layout for short news section

petr

Hello, Is there a way, how to setup PageLines Framework so I get different template for one the sections of my website? I am trying to setup a section where I publish short announcements. I would like to hide title and comments by default in the section. In the home of the section I would like to publish the news in more compact way (date at the beginning of the text paragraph, less space etc.) Is this possible with some hack or configuration? Thank you, Petr

Rob
Petr, I'd suggest looking at Special Recent Posts as an option. This lets you customize a shortcode in which you can display posts in the manner you wish. You can customize it quite a bit, taking short posts as your announcements, with or without thumbnails. Check the options at http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/special-recent-posts/ I'm not sure if this is an option, but you can display content ONLY from that latest news category, and limit the number of posts to whatever number you wish to display. You can set it to work in a sidebar or the main content area.

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur

petr
rangelone, thank you. This is good tip, this will work. I did install this widget on a page http://www.podhajsky.cz/aktuality/ (just basic testing so far) and I would like to get rid of the ???padding??? on the left. I found out I could easily do it through custom code via .widget-pad { padding: 0px; } by that I get the result I need. However this style is global and I like the original 10px padding for widgets that are in the side bar. Is there any way how to apply 0px padding only to widgets that are in Content Sidebar? Thank you, Petr

Danny
Hi Petr, If you set up your front static page, you can simply add .home to the beginning of your custom CSS to make the padding changes only to your homepage, without effecting other pages. Here is an example: [code].home .widget-pad {padding: 0px;}[/code] How to set up your static pages - http://en.support.wordpress.com/pages/front-page/

Please search our forums, before posting!

petr
I do not have this on my homepage. It??™s just a category. Is there a way to put some kind of script to PageLine custome code that would say something like: if category = 12 then .widget-pad { padding: 0px; } ? Petr

Danny
From what I can see if this isn't a category but a page. However, this should work. [code].page-id-622 .widget-pad {padding: 0px;}[/code]

Danny
You can use the CSS I have provided above, this will change the padding on this page and this page only.