Sign in to follow this  
ruthtoledoaltschuler

blank moment

ruthtoledoaltschuler

Hi guys, We are building this site and there is something I don't like and can't explain. When we change from one item in the menu to another, it stays a couple of seconds (longer than normal) as a blank page before loading the new page. Other websites on this same connection and with Pagelines, don't have such a long gap and this one doesn't have special images or whatever that justifies this gap. Does anyone knows what could be the cause and solution? Thank you very much, Julia

Jenny

Hi Julie. I could be several things, like different plugins, more images, more CSS, etc. You can always do something like a Page Speed test to see what's slowing down your site: http://code.google.com/speed/page-speed/

Jenny :: Web designer at Simple Mama (follow me at @simplemamacom)

Check out Share Me, a social sharing add-on for DMS that is super simple to set up.

ruthtoledoaltschuler

Hi, This is great! I will explore it. Thanks a lot,] Julia

Jenny

Great Julia! And if you consider this topic resolved, please accept an answer. Thanks!

Jenny :: Web designer at Simple Mama (follow me at @simplemamacom)

Check out Share Me, a social sharing add-on for DMS that is super simple to set up.

gyoery

I can tell you what it is, though not how to fix it... You have tons of jquery and javascripts running on your page... if you disable the javascript in your browser, youll see what I mean... I dont know who wrote that code, but whoever it was, there are definately either some mistakes or interoperability issues...

catrina

To add to gyoery's insight: You should try deactivating some of the jquery on your site to spot which one(s) could be causing the issue.

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

Founder | Catrina and Mouse

ruthtoledoaltschuler

There is nothing but Pagelines in this site. I am using Pagelines Features, etc. No other code that is not simply and purely Pagelines code, except for a little custom CSS. So I don't see where the above could have come from

catrina

I'm not sure what could be causing this blank moment, but it seems minor since it's only momentary (but maybe it's just from me - from my machine, it's loading fine).

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

Founder | Catrina and Mouse

ruthtoledoaltschuler

Do you think it could be because I have chosen a fixed screen size, rather than the variable? Interesting that In the iPad, the header and background stay on while the page reloads, then resizes. In the computer everything goes white, including header, before each page reloads. This does not happen with most other Pagelines sites I have built. Any insights? For this one now I substituted NextGen Gallery slideshows for the Pagelines Quickslider. This may take some of the coding out that was mentioned above. But it did not make a big difference in this Blank screen lapse... Thank you, Catrina, for looking into it.

ruthtoledoaltschuler

Thank you so much for doing the test. I know, it loads really fast in the iPhone and all. I was happy to know about this speed test site. Thank you!!! So this is what eludes me: when changing pages, everything goes white, then loads again. The header does not stay on, like it does in my other Pagelines sites. However, all I can say is Pagelines is awesome, and I am grateful for every penny and every minute I work with it. So thank you for checking on this.

Danny

Hi Ruth, Just out of curiosity, would it be possible for you to disable all active plugins please and see if this white screen upon loading still occurs.

Please search our forums, before posting!

ruthtoledoaltschuler

I will try later today and let you know. Thanks for following up!