Sign in to follow this  
ryanjohnjackson

Footcols widget IDs dropped on purpose?

ryanjohnjackson

Hi, I was just given the time to update our test site from 2.0.1 to 2.1.5 (live is 2.0.1 still). One of the things I noticed was my "footer" (footcols placed in morefoot) seems to have lost the text-xx IDs that I used to format those separate columns with css. I'm just checking to make sure this is on purpose before I alter my css and give each column text its own div IDs.Before my css was specific to the text widget name "#text-24, #text-3, #text-4". Now I'd guessing this was done on purpose as a benefit to devs so when a site is moved the text widget numbers don;t go haywire? That happened to us when creating tests sites on version 2.0.1. Again, my main concern is that this is on purpose so I don't end up fixing this and then it changes again? ;) thanks Before with text IDs on live 2.0.1 W3UIh.jpg Now with no text-xx IDs on 2.1.5 m5RHO.jpg

catrina
How did you format the text IDs before? Did you edit any of the files? Also, I'm not a developer, so can't say what the purpose was for dropping the widget IDs. I think a developer can provide insight on that

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

Founder | Catrina and Mouse

ryanjohnjackson
The text ids showed on their own inside the footcols in 2.0.1, now they don't. I can easily make divs inside each one (that's how the middle one is done) but I want to make sure it's not a bug.

ryanjohnjackson
I might add, in the past I've seen strangeness where I had to go back into the text widget and hit save again for it to show up at all. That seems more like a wordpress issue than a pagelines one though.

Danny
Hi Ryan, I will bring this to the attention of the developers, thanks for bring this to our attention!

Please search our forums, before posting!

gftservices
Hey Danny Add a +1 to this issue please, I have pp6 footcols that each need custom widths & padding, and I upgraded and lost the selectors (IDs) to have the CSS take effect. Chris

Danny
Hi, I have spoken to one of our developers and he informed me that the IDs were a bug, and removed because any sites with footer columns were not valid HTML.

Please search our forums, before posting!

ryanjohnjackson
Ah, so it is on purpose. I'll just use divs in that area going forward.