Sign in to follow this  
King Creative Design

Wordpress bar is disappearing when on pages of the site

King Creative Design

When I'm in the admin area of Wordpress I can view the toolbar at the top of the window, however, when I to to any of the pages in the site it disappears. Additionally, there is no (edit page) in any of the pages or posts.

Jenny
Do you have the admin bar turned off under your user profile in Wordpress?

Jenny :: Web designer at Simple Mama (follow me at @simplemamacom)

Check out Share Me, a social sharing add-on for DMS that is super simple to set up.

King Creative Design
It is turned on. I wish it was that easy! It's happening in three of my sites using Pagelines.

King Creative Design
Here is another site where it's not working: http://www.we-elevate.com. Any ideas?

King Creative Design
FYI, I found the fix, for anyone who stumbles on this thread! It seems that Wordpress 3.3.1 has some kind of caching issue which I discovered when I researched what I thought was completely different issue. My passwords were being lost every time I re-logged back into my admin, and was being forced to re-set my password each time I logged in. Once I fixed this problem (by doing the following instructions), it resolved my other (toolbar visibility) issues. ***I went to admin 'general settings' and added the www. to the WordPress Address (URL) and it fixed the problem in all three of my sites with all the same issues. Yay!

Rob
That's great. Thanks so much for sharing this important info with fellow PageLines clients.

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur