Sign in to follow this  
tomidee

Background Image Not Showing on Homepage

tomidee

For some reason, my background image stopped showing on the homepage, though it worked just a few days ago. BG images load on all the other pages, just not home. Tried to remove the image and re-upload, nothing. Can someone help? Thanks

Jenny
First, you have an error in your CSS code somewhere. I see " #twitterbar {background: none !important;}" in your HTML, which is not good. ;) Actually.. that may be the cause of your problem. Fix the CSS code that's showing up in the HTML and then let us know if the issue is resolved.

Jenny :: Web designer at Simple Mama (follow me at @simplemamacom)

Check out Share Me, a social sharing add-on for DMS that is super simple to set up.

did you change anything in the meta settings? there is a BG setting in the meta settings under color, apply it there, should work.

Danny
@tomidee You still have this: [code]#twitterbar {background: none !important;}[/code] added in the Footerscripts like you mentioned here. http://www.pagelines.com/forum/discussion/18550/how-do-you-fix-twitterbar-to-not-break-background-picture#Item_5

Please search our forums, before posting!

tomidee
Hi all, I've tried removing the #twitterbar code, removing and uploading a different format for the background pic, but nothing is working. Any more suggestions? Thanks.

catrina
Within the few days after the background was still working, did you update or install any plugins? Was there any custom CSS added to your settings? There must have been some kind of cause for it.

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

Founder | Catrina and Mouse

tomidee
No, I didn't upload or install any plugins; In fact, I just deactivated all my plugins to check, and the issue remained, so I re-activated them all. Should I re-upload my stylesheet? Think it might help?

tomidee
Could it have something to do with upgrading from Pagelines 2.1.3 to 2.1.5? I think that's the only update I've done since purchasing the framework.

tomidee
I figured it out! It's the carousel feature. As soon as I "hid" it on the page, the background image showed. Great to find the problem, but I need the carousel to work on the homepage. Thoughts on how to fix this? Thanks in advance!

Rob
How do you apply your carousel images? By post or via NextGen? My recommended method is post thumbnails. Also, you have to be very careful what the size of your thumbnail original is as it can easily corrupt the carousel and other things if the image is way too large.

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur