Sign in to follow this  
myriambahi

Setting page hierarchy

myriambahi

I just read this : Setting Page Hierarchies You may need some of your pages to appear as subpages of other pages. In the Attributes panel, on the page editor screen, you can set page hierarchies by using the drop down menu to nest pages. A great way to use this, for example, is to create a page called services that provides an overview of your services, then create subpages that are more specific and detailed. However where is the page editor screen ? where is the attributes panel ? where is the drop down menu. I am on my admin account, has white house pro and I ve looking for hours without finding this button. Please, some help. I am still looking for also how to make a pull down menu. Myriam

cmunns

the Page editor screen is when you create a page. and you can find the attributes panel there too. May I recommend going here to learn as much as possible about the basics of WordPress http://codex.wordpress.org/Main_Page

myriambahi

Thank you for your answer and for the link. I am visiting the page now Myriam

bryan-hadaway

This should be easily done now on the new menus page: Appearance > Menus You simply drag the main pages that you want as the nav and then drag and drop subpages just below and to the right of main pages. Thanks, Bryan

ravn

ya you can set the page hierarchy in pages but i was thinking can it be done for the things you post i mean lets say u have 2 sticky post 1 and 2 and number 1 are showing first can u change that so you will get numerb 2 showing first its becurse i can only find the page hierarchy i can not find one for the post hierarchy,,, and its not explaned on wordpress i was just thinking can it be done there to

cmunns

Try unsticking the one you want to be on top then resticking it, maybe modifying that date as well so it's earlier than the other

ravn

i have tryed bout it still displays number 1 first and number 2 after i cant switsh them around i was thinking at the date also, first time i did it lol

Andrew

so what are the issues you're still having?

ravn

still cant switch them around but it was only an issue or maby a future codning for wordpress so it comes in some a standard issue where u can switch the post also or make them some there are in if u makes pages you can tell the pages in what order there have to come but not the post if its needed there

cmunns

Did you try using one of the sticky post plug-ins to see if they have that feature?

ravn

yep have tryed to of them nowone have that future