Sign in to follow this  
abellemare

Problems with upgrade to PageLines Framework 2.1.4

abellemare

Now that I have upgraded to 2.1.4, I have a footer problem. It has wiped out my custom footer page and it has now added a Pagelines "Image Link" at the bottom of every page. How do I remove the pagelines logo and where should I be putting my custom html for the footer so it is not erased? I have a developers license. I did not put the customers site in case it is shown publicly.

abellemare
I have Base Theme 1.0.2 as my main theme and PageLines Framework 2.1.4 as a Parent Theme. Is this the correct set up?

Simon
You can disable the logo in the settings page. What exactly has it wiped out? Did you edit the framework files?

abellemare
Ok, reading further documentation while waiting for an answer, it seems I am using the base theme and the customization plugin. So I switched to the Pagelines Theme 2.1.4 and all my css is still intact. What is missing is html that I thought I placed in a copy of footer.php placed (somewhere I can not remember), but it was working. I can rewrite the html no problem, just let me know where the correct placement should be for it to work in the footer and not get erased by future upgrades.

Simon
anything placed in the wp-content/themes/pagelines/ folder will be overwritten, tht what child themes are for, and the customize plugin.

abellemare
I have read and reread for an hour now trying to figure out I add custom html to the footer through the customize plugin so that it will not be lost during updates to the Pagelines Framework. Can you please point me to some instructions. Thank you.

abellemare
Also, it is still showing the link to pagelines site as a leaf image at the very bottom of the page. I cannot find where to tuen this off, as I have a developer's license and this should not be showing.

catrina
Have you seen this documentation?: http://www.pagelines.com/wiki/How_to_Use_the_PageLines_Customize_Plugin [b]Edit: Credit link removed. If you need CSS to remove the footer credit, contact the help desk at hello@pagelines.com or upgrade to Developer.[/b]

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

Founder | Catrina and Mouse

abellemare
Yes, I have seen the link above. I am trying to add a div inside the top of the footer to hold some text. How would I add that?

abellemare
[b]Edit: Credit link removed. If you need CSS to remove the footer credit, contact the help desk at hello@pagelines.com or upgrade to Developer.[/b]

catrina
You'll need to use a hook (added to the functions.php file in PageLines Customize) that contains the DIV. If you look in the functions.php file (via Plugins > Editor > PageLines Customize), you'll see an area where you can add this hook (along with instructions on how to add it). The complete list of hooks is here: http://api.pagelines.com/hooks. In this case, you'd need to use [b]pagelines_before_footer[/b] (this is closest to being at the top of the footer). [b]Edit: Credit link removed. If you need CSS to remove the footer credit, contact the help desk at hello@pagelines.com or upgrade to Developer.[/b]

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

Founder | Catrina and Mouse

Danny
The recent update PageLines 2.1.4 added a new feature called WaterMark. This is the Leaf Logo in the footer, the new WaterMark feature allows you to disable the logo completely with a tick of a box or even more awesome allows you to upload your own logo and custom URL. This option can be found in Wordpress Admin Dashboard > PageLines > Settings > Website Setup, scroll down to WaterMark. Video tutorial available at: http://screencast.com/t/AKK0tJVkRjZX Enjoy!

Please search our forums, before posting!

abellemare
Danny: Turned off watermark - thanks. Catrina: Found a tutorial on how to add functions and hooks with html here - http://www.thinkdave.com/thesis-hooks-guide/ along with using the pagelines hook guide here - http://api.pagelines.com/hooks. Problems resolved and site is back to looking like it was before.

Jenny
Great @abellemare! If you consider this topic resolved, please accept an answer. Thanks!

Jenny :: Web designer at Simple Mama (follow me at @simplemamacom)

Check out Share Me, a social sharing add-on for DMS that is super simple to set up.