Sign in to follow this  
bailey1769

Banner Ads in Platformpro

bailey1769

Hi, How would I add a banner ad to the right of my header branding in PlatformPro? Ideally, it would be nice just to add some customs css so that I wouldn't have to edit a file. I just need a picture with a link, nothing like google adspace or an animated flash insert. Thanks-

Jenny
You can use the Universal Sidebar (add it to the header) and then just add your content in the widgets panel. You will most likely need to style it with some CSS (float:right comes to mind ;)).

Jenny :: Web designer at Simple Mama (follow me at @simplemamacom)

Check out Share Me, a social sharing add-on for DMS that is super simple to set up.

bailey1769
Hm, nope. That only makes it show up below the site branding.

catrina
If you use the child theme, PlatformBase, you can use a hook to add a banner ad to the right of your header branding and use CSS to position it exactly where you want. Hooks are explained here: http://www.pagelines.com/docs/base-child-theme. If you don't have PlatformBase, you can download it from your PageLines Launchpad account.

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

Founder | Catrina and Mouse

bailey1769
I use PlatformPro as a the theme for my website. Will this still work?

catrina
PlatformBase is the child theme for PlatformPro. They're essentially the same theme, but PlatformBase gives you the freedom to make edits that you wouldn't be able to make in PlatformPro, as pointed out in the documentation I posted above: [quote]You can make any change you need to Platform from a child theme (Base) without editing the framework. This way when PageLines updates the framework you won??™t have to worry about losing any custom changes you??™ve made.[/quote]

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

Founder | Catrina and Mouse