Sign in to follow this  
vauxflow

Easiest Way To Change PlatForm Social Icon Pack?

vauxflow

Hi everyone, have checked through many FAQ sections but cannot find relevant answer. Is there an easy way to change the social icon pack in platform? I don't want to add or remove any of the current icons I simply want to change the style of the current ones. Platform as you all know has standard social icons included, I simply want to use an icon pack that tilts the social icons slightly right on the top side... make sense?

ragusada
Ive asked for this so many times, they will send you something called hooks, but it is complicated. Hopefully you will get an easy way of replacing the icons there.

gyoery
How about just photoshopping the icons and replacing the original, while keeping a copy as backup?

vauxflow
Yeah Tommyland and to be honest I picked Pagelines for the apparent drag and drop simplicity that its advertised as having giving the fact coding is another world to me so I agree a helpful easy answer to the question is indeed very much welcomed... still waiting though! :( Gyoery tried the simple Photoshop replacement before and it doesn't work, it simply upset everything... makes a real mess!

Jenny
Just replace the icons on your site via FTP, but keep in mind they will be overwritten on theme update so keep a backup. :) Make sure they're the same size and all that good stuff too.

Jenny :: Web designer at Simple Mama (follow me at @simplemamacom)

Check out Share Me, a social sharing add-on for DMS that is super simple to set up.

gyoery
obviously there is a css solution as well, but exchanging the images seems like the easiest way to go... If u want, I can explain the css as well, but it seems 2 me that you just didnt pay attention to the image sizes. Also, they have to be named the same, otherwise they wont display.

vauxflow
So do I need to put all the icons together like they are in the currently included icon sprite because if so it doesn't work without some hard coding in CSS which I dont know much about.

catrina
If you need assistance with the CSS, we can assist you with it as you implement it.

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

Founder | Catrina and Mouse

vauxflow
Yeah Catrina that would be great, I'm just looking for the easiest to understand means of doing this as my CSS knowledge is almost zero and I don't want to mess the page up by trying and then re-trying different ways to simply change to a different icon pack. My other problem is that I can't give you access to the site as it's on a private server. Still want to help? :)

Danny
Hi, Can you provide a link to the images you would like to use in place of the default ones.

Please search our forums, before posting!