Sign in to follow this  
ksnyde

Fickle LinkedIn Link

ksnyde

When I added my LinkedIn page for my business to PageLines it immediately shows up in the header as a snazzy link and I'm happy. Sadly, my happiness ends quickly when I log off of PageLines and the link goes away. Why would this happen? Facebook and Google plus (and my RSS feed) are permanent members (aka, there logged in or out) of my header social bar. Here's a screen shot of my PageLines settings: PageLines Settings Screenshot I thought maybe this was a "feature" as maybe LinkedIn required my being logged in somehow but I have tested going to the LinkedIn page logged out and it works as expected.

WebWerx
@ksnyde: I think this is an issue with your LinkedIn setup not Pagelines. If I recall correctly, you need to setup a URL in LInkedIn for external visitors (or something along those lines). "Public Profile"! I just checked my own LinkedIn account. The URL I see appears to be one for someone who is logged into LinkedIn. Get what I mean? I think the end result is that a "bad" URL is causing PL to puke. So go into LinkedIn and set up a URL for your Public Profile and use that in PL. Nice work on the site BTW.

ksnyde
Thanks @WebWerx. I believe you are right. I had been trying to getting company page on LinkedIn a friendly URL but couldn't figure it out but the URL that I had put into PageLines was somehow tied to my login on LinkedIn (although it still [i]should[/i] have worked). Anyway, to my happy and unexpected surprise I now have a friendly URL for LifeGadget and when I put that into PageLines it now works in both logged in and logged out modes.

WebWerx
No worries @ksnyde (Ken).