Sign in to follow this  
ksnyde

DEBUG Error: add_contextual_help is deprecated since version 3.3!

ksnyde

I haven't had the DEBUG settings on in wp-config for a while and so I don't know when this started but turning it on leads to 9 instances of the same error message:

add_contextual_help is deprecated since version 3.3! Use get_current_screen()->add_help_tab() instead. in /[MY PATH]/wp-includes/functions.php on line 3467
I did a google search and found that there were a lot of instances of this. Blame was pointed at trailing white space in PHP files, plugins and themes. Anyway, just thought I'd get a sense if others using PageLines were experience this and what they did to get past it. FYI, I haven't modified my functions.php at all but just for absolute certainty, here's the area that's reporting the error:
	// Allow plugin to filter the output error trigger
		if ( WP_DEBUG && apply_filters( 'deprecated_function_trigger_error', true ) ) {
			if ( ! is_null($replacement) )
				trigger_error( sprintf( __('%1$s is deprecated since version %2$s! Use %3$s instead.'), $function, $version, $replacement ) );
			else
				trigger_error( sprintf( __('%1$s is deprecated since version %2$s with no alternative available.'), $function, $version ) );
		}
	}[/code]

ksnyde
Please note: I did a full GREP through all files in my wordpress directories and found instances of calls to [code]get_current_screen()[/code] and loads of refernences to the proper call of [code]add_help_tab[/code]

Simon
add_contextual_help() is not used in PageLines Framework. It must be a plugin.

catrina
I haven't encountered this issue before with PageLines but perhaps some customers have. I searched Google, as well, and found similar results.

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

Founder | Catrina and Mouse

ksnyde
The error in my case is clearly misrepresenting the problem as none of the plugins call this function either. As you may have seen from my other questions I have bigger fish to fry at the moment but I'll look forward to banging my head against this wall again soon. Regardless, don't think it's a PageLines issue so will close. Thanks for the prompt response.