Sign in to follow this  
quipmaster

How to change the background color in footer

quipmaster

Dear Pagelines' Community, Thanks for posting how to change the background color to the footer. However, I still have a basic question. Where in my dashboard can I add the custom CSS? Best regards, Luis

gyoery
[s]Pagelines Settings > Custom Code > custom css[/s] Dashboard > PageLines > Settings > Custom Code > CSS Rules

gyoery
Hint: Resize your Images to fit your Feature

quipmaster
Dear Gyoery, Thanks for your help. It worked perfectly. Regarding your hint of resizing my images to fit my feature slider, I am still having a bit of a problem. I have used the inspect element tool in firefox to get the dimensions. The dimensions are 870X378 px. However, when i resize my images to these dimensions, they come out blurry. What is the correct process to use? Thank you for your help. Luis

catrina
If your images smaller than 870x378 and you're trying to enlarge them, they will get blurry because the pixels that make up those images also get bigger.

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

Founder | Catrina and Mouse

quipmaster
Hi Catrina, Thank you for your reply. Yes, two of my sizes are smaller than 870W x 378H - but only in width. However, when I resize the image that is larger than 870w x 378h, it still gets blurry. Any idea on how I can correct this issue? These are the original sizes of my photos 1. 850 W x 565H (group of school kids only, facing the camera) 2. 834w x 576H (mom and son talking in front of a laptop) 3. 1050 x 701 (class of teacher with students) Also, it would be helpful if the Docs or youtube video if the dimensions of the feature slider were given. So far, I have only been able to confirm that the height of the feature slider is 380. I used inspect element to get that dimension. here is my link www.virtunstrategy.com Any help if greatly appreciated. Best regards, Luis

gyoery
by resizing images I mean resizing with a professional image editing tool, not with the user browser. Also, depending on the space a feature slider has, it resizes itsself upwards, to match where it is put. Since you have it on the page (as opposed to the content area) and it doesnt seem to have borders and margins, it will be as wide as your page. This you can check under Pagelines > Layout Editor. You should definately not upsize any picture. Downsizing should be ok when done in a proper tool. (Dont't use Paint ;) ) If you dont have Photoshop, try: http://pixlr.com/editor/ best online editor EVER. PS: Browser Image scaling is average at best, and internet explorer at worst.

quipmaster
Dear gyoery, Thanks for the reply and tip on pixlr.com. I think I have better understanding of what to do. If I understand you correctly, since I have the layout editor set to 800px width for the main content, 800px is the width of my feature. That makes sense. I use pixlr to change the image size to 800px and maintained the constrain proportion. However, the dimensions are now 800px w x 534px h. But since the height of the feature is 378, some of the pictures are cut off at the top. However, if I make the dimensions 800 x 378, the pixels and proportions are distorted. Will putting borders or margins resolve my dilemma? If so, can you tell me how i can add borders or margins? I have looked in the docs and forum but have come up empty. I have inserted the 800 x 378 images so you can see the distortion. Can you recommend a suggestion? Thank you, Luis

gyoery
the easiest way would be in pxl to open ur picture. open New window with the height an width of your footer. copy the original into that window. while resizing it, hold the shift button to keep img ratio. make it, so it fits the New window. if your image is to small, consider adding a background, or a side overlay, where u can write text. or look for larger images. save the New image, which Will have the exact width and height you wanted, I hope.

quipmaster
Dear Gyoery, I tried your first suggestion but could not make it work. Therefore, I purchased larger images but am having trouble making the images align in the feature slider. Here is the process that I am currently using: 1. upload the image to the desired feature slider as the featured media image 2. save meta settings and update 3. check output by the browser for my website www.virtuinstrategy.com Here is the result: The images are crisp but do not take up the whole feature slider. This is frustrating because the feature slider is cutting off part of the image at the bottom. Consequently, it is leaving a small black space at the bottom. What can I do so it does not cut off the image? I have uploaded images with the following dimensions 800 x 380. The result is a feature slider that leaves black space around the image. 800px is the width i have my page set to, so I don't understand why I still have to deal with black spaces around my images when I upload them to the feature slider. Any help is greatly appreciated. Best regards, Luis

quipmaster
sorry forgot to mention that when i upload the image as the featured background image, it gets cut off at the top. This happens even when i adjust the size to 800 x 380. On the bright side, there is no black space at the bottom. On the down side, it cuts off the foreheads of the people in my images.

gyoery
I cant check it out, as your page is not displaying... Please fix it, and then send me a short pm so I can see what u mean. And sorry 4 not answering 4 so long. Just send me a quick pm, whenever you post, so I know that I should answer.