Sign in to follow this  
clearpathnet

Highlight section Breaking when switching to Platform Pro

clearpathnet

Quick question about PlatformPro and the Highlights section. I originally made a website with the free version on the Platform. Whn using the free version, I created Banners for the top of each page using the ???Highlights??? sections. I??™d add a photo the end highlight and no text and the end result was having a picture banner. It worked for the time. I??™ve not purchased Platform Pro and I am trying to migrate everything over. Eventually I will remove the highlight section and replace it with the proper Banner section, but the site is live and I??™ll have to maintain using the Highlight section for now. When I switch themes to the new PlatformPro, something weird happens to the Highlights. Its adds space all around and messes up the design of the site. Everything else looks great. Here is a screen shot with Free Platform: Good.png And here is what happens when I switch to platform Pro NotGood.png Any ideas?

Simon
Do you have a link to the site with the free version? For the record, the theme you have is PageLines Framework NOT PlatformPro. So which theme/framework did you design your free site with? Platform or PageLines? Because the two are very different.

clearpathnet
www.clearpathnet.com. This is the site im trying to transfer correctly from the free version, to the new version. The site was originally made with the free "Platform 1.4.2 by PageLines". I am now re-building portions of it with "PageLines Framework 2.1.3 by PageLines" when i make the switch, and set up the templates/settings the same as the free version, everything looks fine except for the highlights section. it adds a ton og extra space and throws off the design. Thanks,

Simon
Platform 1.4.2 is the free wp.org version of PlatformPro. PageLines is the free wp.org version of PageLines Framework. As I mentioned earlier they are two different frameworks.

clearpathnet
What is the difference between Pagelines Framework and Pagelines PlatformPro? I was on Platform 1.4.2 and clicked the "Buy Pro Now" button which lead me to buy "Professional PageLines Framework " which I understood was the "pro" version of Platform 1.4.2. Are you saying that with PageLines Framework i can not accurately change from my Platform 1.4.2 website?

Simon
It will import some settings, but it is not a 100% upgrade as it is a new product. http://wordpress.org/extend/themes/pagelines This is the free version of PageLines Framework.

clearpathnet
ok, well. It seems most everything transfered fine exept the highlights. the only thing i need to edit it the banner for each page. When I switch to the Pagelines Framework, everything is correct except the highlights section (that i am using as a banner) does not shape properly. is there a way to get the Highlight section to act the same in Framework as it did in Platform 1.4.2? If not, i need to "Banners" section to shape properly and fill this role. (i started another discussion for help with the banners) Im already purchased FrameWork so i have to get it to work with this (not platform pro)

catrina
Custom CSS can be used to adjust the spacing that the highlight area creates. Are you familiar with Firebug?: http://getfirebug.com

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

Founder | Catrina and Mouse