Sign in to follow this  
gyoery

Boxes in Header

gyoery

Quick Question: Where do I select which boxes should be displayed in the header? I'm using boxes in the different pages as well, and it allways takes the boxes from the page (defined in the page meta) I'm on and puts it in the header. What I want is to display in the header allways the box "header" and in the pages different ones. Any Ideas? All help is appreciated.

Jenny
You can set site defaults in WP -> PageLines -> Meta. These settings will be overwritten when you specify on individual posts or pages. I hope that's what you're asking for because your question thoroughly confused me. hehe :)

Jenny :: Web designer at Simple Mama (follow me at @simplemamacom)

Check out Share Me, a social sharing add-on for DMS that is super simple to set up.

gyoery
Thanx 4 the quick reply, but unfortionately it doesnt work. Let me try 2 clarify: I have a Soapbox in my header ("INFORMATION MANAGEMENT...") with the category "header" And I have soapboxes on the Partners Page with the category "Partners" Now, if I set the default settings to "header" it displays me all soapboxes with ("INFORMATION MANAGEMENT..."). If I change the META of the Partners page, then it displays the Partners in the header as well. I want the header box to allways display the "header" category and the Page boxes to display the stuff I set in the META. Kinda like when you are cloneing a BOX, you can specify which category it should use for which box. But when I have a box in the header, it allways displays the same stuff as the boxes on the page. Hope this helps you to understand. Otherwise just check out the page, I leave it as it is, so u can see what I mean. (look at partners)

Rob
Hello, What you are trying to do probably won't work properly. Essentially, you're missing the difference between global versus individual pages and box-sets. You create a box set which may apply to an individual page or post but the Branding area is global. If you change the box-set for a page, the box or soapbox in the header will change for that page, but it will also be the same box-set for the rest of the page. The only way around that I believe might be to use the Boxer plugin with additional box-sets applied by short code to the body of the page and use one box-set just for the header. http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/boxer/

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur

gyoery
So what is the point in having the possibility to add boxes to your header, if u are then limited to not using any other boxes on your page? If it is possible to have multiple Boxsets on one page, why is it not possible to have one global and one page box? Basically what ur saying is, either use boxes on your page or on your header... that seems a little messed up! Don't get me wrong, I appreciate ur answer, but I just don't want to believe that pagelines was created with such (unnecessary) limitations. It should recognize a global Box, and add all Page boxes as box#2, just like when u clone them. Please - PAGELINES - tell me that this ain't true...

MrFent
Gyoery, when you have the soapbox in both the header & the page, make sure they have a different ID. Meaning one needs to say "Soapboxes" and the other "Soapboxes #2" If they both just say "Soapboxes," I recommend leaving "Soapboxes" in the header, and on your page template, make a clone so you have "Soapboxes #2" on the partners page. (then just remove the "Soapboxes" from page template) Then you can set the PageLines=>Meta=>Site defaults for the header, and then configure the individual Partners Page "Soapboxes #2"

gyoery
Mr. Fent, you are great... thank you very much for your help... Where other people say its impossible, u find a way! :) Thank you, K?¶szi, Danke, Gracie, Spaciba