Sign in to follow this  
bauerhaus

Is there a way to hide "features" in the mobile version of Pagelines Framework?

bauerhaus

I've read through several other posts on this forum on how the mobile doesn't show up correctly on smartphones. I realize Pagelines is working on this issue. I'm wondering if there is CSS code I can reference to hide things that aren't working correctly. For example, add in something like: 1. If Mobile, hide features gallery 2. Or if Mobile, redirect to a different header I'm using the most recent version of Pagelines Framework and the site is: http://bauerhaus.wishuponastarwithus.com/

Rob
Forget the apps, there's a plugin for that! :-) In Dashboard > PageLines > Store, you should find a plugin called Browser CSS. Install that and then check http://www.pagelines.com/tracking/wiki/Browserspecificcss%3AMainPage for guidance on its use. Let us know if you need additional help.

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur

bauerhaus
Ok, I looked at your suggestion and I'm not completely sure I understand how to use it. Is there any documentation or examples I can read through? I get that it adds specific browser info to how you are viewing it, but I don't get how you reference it when added to the Custom CSS area. I think if you gave me an example of one, I could easily do the rest. For example, if I wanted to hide the feature slider (for the regular site) with Custom CSS, I would do this right? #features {display:none;} But how do I reference the .mobile?

Simon
[code]#features .mobile { display:none; }[/code]

bauerhaus
That did not work. I also tried the below: #features .android { display:none; } Any other ideas?

Simon
[code].android #feature_slider { display: none; }[/code] This works :)

bauerhaus
AWESOME!!! That worked :D

orangeleaf
That hides the features client-side, but since many browsers still download content with display:none, is there a hook/filter that can be used in conjunction with a server-side user-agent sniffer to prevent them from being in the output full-stop?

Danny
Hi OrangeLeaf, I did a search for you and unfortunately, I was unable to find anything. I think the best course of action would be to ask this question on the Wordpress support forums.

Please search our forums, before posting!

orangeleaf
We just wanted to omit the feature-slider from output for mobile-devices due to the innevitable size of the images. We have the sniffer script, but is there no filter or hook in Pagelines that we can call to do this? Perhaps in the feature-slider-section or class?