Sign in to follow this  
sbarrak

Mailing List embed form - potential overriding CSS styles?

sbarrak

Hi, I want to embed a Mail Chimp form into my site. When embed into my site, the style looks totally different from what Mail Chimp showed me as the preview. Here is the embed code from Mail Chimp and you can see how it looks if you go to my homepage:

Subscribe to our mailing list
Any ideas?

Rob
What did MailChimp show you? The form on your site looks fine and fits within the context of the rest of your site. It appears to have picked up the grey color and carried it through to the form, rather consistently.

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur

sbarrak
This is what Mail Chimp is showing me: [img]http://www.stephbarrak.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/03/3-21-2012-1-07-34-PM.png[/img]

Rob
Yes, it's close but there's a difference. Do you have Firebug for Firefox? That might help you change the CSS. Or, you could show this problem to MailChimp and ask for their help. It's actually their CSS that's changing, not ours.

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur

sbarrak
Thanks, I'll reach out to Mail Chimp and see what's going on. Will keep you posted..

sbarrak
It's interesting because if I use Mail Chimp's "Naked" embed form (no CSS or HTML) and post on my site, it looks like PageLines CSS is taking over. You can see it on my home page, it's the second mailing list form.

catrina
It's true that PageLines CSS may be taking over, but you can override the default CSS from PageLines by adding custom code to the PageLines Custom Code > Custom CSS settings. This is where Firebug comes in. It's a tool that allows you to inspect elements on a page to determine what CSS you need to adjust. For more information and instructions on how to use it, please see this documentation: http://www.pagelines.com/wiki/Custom_CSS

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

Founder | Catrina and Mouse

sbarrak
I've been playing around with firebug, starting to understand now! Thank you for "teaching me how to fish". Steph