Sign in to follow this  
f451

Boxes border color

f451

Ok time to learn this CSS code stuff. My site developer has added the code for the box colors I want on my home page. But now I want to be able to do it by box sets or just on an individual box. So he added this code to the "iBlogPro5: Stylesheet (style.css)" as I understand this changes the border color on these specific boxes "#page #boxes #fbox_156 .box-media{ border:3px solid #5E462B; } #page #boxes #fbox_154 .box-media{ border:3px solid #E8AC00; } #page #boxes #fbox_152 .box-media{ border:3px solid #6C8506;" } Now when I add {border:3px solid #6C8506;"} to the box edit page in the "boxes custom class" field it doesn't work. I assume this is how I could change the color of one box. What am I doing wrong? Also is is possible to have all the boxes in a box set have a certain color border?

catrina
CSS code doesn't require any quotation marks, so you must remove them. The code should look like this: [code]{border:3px solid #6C8506;}[/code]

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

Founder | Catrina and Mouse

f451
Didn't work. See video 4. Code is there but the box didn't get the outline. Any ideas what i am doing wrong. Thanks for the help.

Danny
Hi, If you're adding CSS code to the custom class, this will not work. The custom class field is for add a class to the box, i.e. if you enter box666 into the filed. When you view the boxes code on your page, it will have a class called box666. This allows you to add CSS to that specific box easily. So using the class box666 as an example you could do something like this: [code]#boxes .box666 { background-color:red; color:white; }[/code] So basically, in the custom class field, do NOT enter CSS but enter a unique name. So you can apply custom code to that class. I hope the above makes sense.

Please search our forums, before posting!

f451
I put this in the CSS code for the theme #boxes .box666 { border:3px solid #5E462B; } and then I put this in the box on the Box edit page .box666 Is this correct as it doesn't work.

f451
Got it! just box.666 not the . thanks again.

Danny
Glad you worked it out and no problem was happy to help!

Please search our forums, before posting!