Sign in to follow this  
quipmaster

Why no callout in sidebar?

quipmaster

Dear Pagelines, Surprised to find out that callouts cannot be used in sidebars. Why is that? Thought that Pagelines was going to be more user-friendly than what it actually is. Luis

Rob
Luis, A callout is, by definition, a full-width tool, which won't fit inside a sidebar. However, you can create anything you wish, similar to a callout by using text widgets inside your sidebars. That's very easy to do, using HTML code, CSS and even PHP, if you wish.

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur

quipmaster
Dear Rangelone, Thank you for your response. Could you guide me in coding my sidebar to implement your suggestion? Best regards, Luis

Danny
Hi Luis, How do you want this Callout to look, can you post a link to an example please.

Please search our forums, before posting!

quipmaster
Hi Danny, Thanks for your reply. Here is an example of a callout that I am trying to emulate www.hubspot.com. in the right hand side towards the middle there is a Callout to join and Exclusive Workshop on FaceBook Marketing. I am having trouble making the box. I have searched on Google for HTML code for box, text box but they have not given me what i need. Also, I have looked in a couple of HTML code books but again no luck. Finally, I did a site inspection on hubspot.com and tried to use the HTML code it uses but it just ended up showing on my text widget for some reason. If you go to my website www.virtuinstrategy.com you will see that I have a button "Download" that is as far as I have been able to get. Any help is appreciated. Where I can find the HTML code, web resources to find various HTML code. best regards, Luis

Rob
Luis, Inside a text box, create a table of specific dimensions (as you want it) using some of the info found here: http://www.w3schools.com/css/css_table.asp In that table, set the background to be a similar one to that found on hubspot.com in that 'callout' area. Then, within the table, you create several rows each with cells, aligned center. Remember to include your styling in the table itself, not in Custom Code. Inside the cells, style your font and use standard img src for the button wrapped in an HREF link. To see how I created a rounded corner table in a text field, visit http://www.epicurus.com/ and scroll to Marketplace on the right side. View the source code. You'll see how I included CSS inside the table.

quipmaster
Dear Rangelone, Thank you for your advice. I was able to use view source to get the code for the hubspot callout. I am about 98% done. There is one minor snafu, [i]"Free Report on Nonprofit Innovation"[/i] is off a bit. it seems like it is behind the box. If share the code with you, would you be able to tell me what I am entering incorrectly? Hoping that you can, here is the code:

Free report on nonprofit innovation

See how you compare to other nonprofits

National Study on Nonprofit Innovation
My website is www.virtuinstrategy.com. Once again, thank you for your help. Luis

Rob
Luis, As I look at this live in Firefox, the part below looks aligned correctly (centered), just dark. [code]

[/code] I think the problem is that it's picking up the font color from the rest of your site's fonts. So here's what I suggest: [code]

[/code] When I modified your code to add the [b]color[/b] tag in Firefox, it stood out brilliantly.

quipmaster
Rangelone, Thank you so much. It worked perfectly! This support forum is such a life saver. When I learn coding better, I will definitely repay these favors to others. Best regards, Luis