Sign in to follow this  
quipmaster

Using Launch Page

quipmaster

Dear Pagelines Forum, Is there any documentation on how to use Launch Page? If there is, can someone please point me in that direction? I have searched the wiki documents and this discussion section with no luck. I want to make sure that i use it correctly before inserting it into my website. Thank you for your help. Luis

Rob
Luis, the documentation for the Launch Page hasn't been completed or published yet. The plugin has, I believe, four options only, so there's not much that can go wrong.

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur

quipmaster
Dear Rangelone, Thanks for your reply. I am understanding LaunchPage a bit better now. I have two remaining questions: 1. Right now if you click on http://virtuinstrategy.com/blog/sample-projects/ it takes you to my launchpage. However, sample-projects is part of my main navigation bar. Hubspot and others state that best practice for landing pages is to not have a navigation bar in your landing page. In order to follow that advice, do you recommend creating a secondary bar or something else. 2. I want my landing page to resemble this http://www.hubspot.com/free-ebook-how-to-attract-customers-with-twitter/. Will something like this require a coding or can I use the features that are already in my page (insert media, content box, etc.)? Thank you for your help. Luis

Danny
Hi Luis, 1. I think this is entirely up to you, its your website and not Hubspot. 2. The Landing page above is more like a normal Wordpress page, therefore you would be better off using a standard page than the Launchpage settings.

Please search our forums, before posting!

quipmaster
Hi Danny, Thank you for your reply. Sorry for my tardy response. Ok, I think i see what you mean. If I understand you correctly, Create a standard page in wordpress Insert the form and download button Hide the main navigation bar Question: How do I ensure that they are able to download the material and equally important thank them for doing so? Your responses are always appreciated, Luis

Rob
If you have them complete a form to get the download, then make the download available on the thank you page in the contact form plugin. Also, while it's advised for launchpages to hide menus, I always wonder.. 'how do I get the client to look at the rest of my site?' As Danny said, menu or no menu, is totally up to you.

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur

jane
Hi, I was wondering if I could add another question. I'd like to have a Launch Page but also have the ability to create the site without the public seeing it. Does this plugin give me that capability? If not, how would I go about doing something like this? Thanks for your help.

jane
Yet another question: How to I make the launch page attach to my main address as opposed to another page? Right now I created a launch page like this : www.websitename.com/home But I want the launch page to sit on: www.websitename.com Is that possible?

jane
Nevermind - figured it all out! Found the helpful "how to" videos... Thanks