Sign in to follow this  
hildyr

IE Issues

hildyr

Just completed my site and just checked it on Internet Explorer for the first time prior to launching (created using Safari and Firefox). Several things seem to be awry on the homepage when viewing in IE: 1. There is text/content going outside of the right-side of the content body section (boxes and calendar plugin) 2. The graphics I've added for the boxes section appear pixelated/fuzzy (not at all like this in Firefox, Safari) 3. Getting reports from others (not able to reproduce first-hand yet) that some text in the Features slider is cut-off/truncated Please help, I was so excited to announce go-live of this site - now I feel like I'm taking two steps back. I know the majority of users of this site will be using IE (most likely IE7), so I must fix these issues.

Rob
First, you should read this: http://www.pagelines.com/forum/discussion/17308/older-browsers-support I viewed your site in IE9 and it appears perfectly. I went through all the menu links. Very few people actually use IE7 today (< 1.8% of Internet users worldwide) and those are largely in countries where Internet access and newer computers are very limited. In the US, most of the IE7 users are older government workers using contract purchase computers. I don't believe there's much that can be done. However, just out of curiosity, did you check the Google IE Compatibility Fix in Dashboard > PlatformPro > Misc Settings?

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur