Sign in to follow this  
languagedept

"Blog Page" to react different than "Blog Post Page"

languagedept

My "Blog Page" seems to be reacting to the lastest "Blog Post Page" rather than the "Blog" template. How do I get the "Blog Page" to react as its own? What I am trying to achieve is to remove the sidebar from the "Blog Page" but still have it on the "Blog Post Page". The "Blog Page" is not made up by a category.

Rob
Did you create a static blog page that uses the Blog template? May we have a link to that? In the Blog page, if you did create one, did you use the page's Meta Settings to hide the sidebar? In your PageLines > Settings, do you have "Hide Sidebars When Empty" checked?

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur

languagedept
Yes, I created a static page and my "Hide Sidebards When..." box is checked. It is still not working. link page: http://cyclofem.me/shared-stories/

Rob
What's the composition of your Blog Page template? I'm only seeing the header (with navigation and branding), the content, twitter feed and footer. What else should be there that's missing?

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur

languagedept
Yes, and I want it to stay like this. But as soon as I add a sidebar to the latest "Post Page" the "Blog Page" inherits that side bar.