Sign in to follow this  
jsbarnes

Shopp eCommerce plugin compatibility issues

jsbarnes

I have been using Shopp with platform Pro and all have integrated perfectly until I upgraded to Shopp 1.2. Now the feature appears at the top of the page with all of the cart links and catalogue product on the blacked out area. Before these were (and still are as far as I can see) widgets. I can find no way in PlatformPro to change these settings. Shopp support have suggested... Because Shopp 1.2 overhauled the way it handles products and taxonomies, PageLines is probably using a different template (probably the archive template) than before. I don't know enough about PageLines to suggest a fix, but I would ask them how to change which template a category archive uses. Or something along those lines. Shopp support [email protected] Can anyone help? Thanks

Rob
Okay, it's not a template issue but one of Custom Post Types. Shopp 1.2 must be using the same custom post type which is now appearing in the slider in place of the title excerpt and link in the slider. The easiest solution might be to replace our slider with a different one. But I'd ask them two questions: 1. Is Shopp 1.2 using custom post types and if so, what's the configuration? 2. Is it using jQuery? As an experiment, try replacing the slider with one like this http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/slider3d/ by including the slider's shortcode in the static page and removing our slider from your template.

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur

jsbarnes
Thanks for looking into it. The problem I haves that I have no control over wether I have a feature slider there or not so I can't de-activate it and try another slider. Before the upgrade I had no feature slider and 2 widgets in the side bar for store cart and categories - now I have what you see?!?! I'll forward those comments to Shopp and see if they scan help - if you have any more thoughts in the meantime i'm all ears Cheers John

catrina
[quote]The problem I haves that I have no control over wether I have a feature slider there or not so I can't de-activate it[/quote] ^ And the Template settings say that the Feature Slider isn't active? Please let us know what Shopp says when they respond.

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

Founder | Catrina and Mouse

beakerben
I am having this same issue PageLines, Any help would be appreciated. What do we do? - see my issue here! http://thenapcg.com/shopping/

Danny
@jsbarnes @beakerben One of our developers recently created a post, asking for users to test the upcoming JigoShop compatibility plug-in. If you require a shop on your website and are having difficulty using other E-Commerce solutions, why not try JigoShop instead. If you read the post I linked below, you can test the plug-in. http://www.pagelines.com/forum/discussion/18418/any-jigoshop-users-want-to-try-a-pre-release-plugin#Item_4 I hope this helps!

Please search our forums, before posting!