Sign in to follow this  
deafcoder

Yet Another Padding Question

deafcoder

Okay, from what I have read on the forum and in the documents, this should be working,

#branding .content-pad {padding: 0px !important; }
likewise for this as well
.entry_content { padding-top: 0px; !important;}
Yet, when I check using Firebug I still get the same results, no effect,
#branding .content-pad {
	padding-top: 25px;
	padding-bottom: 25px;
	}

What am I doing wrong here?

Danny
Hi, Where are you adding your custom code and also are you using a cache plug-in like W3 Total Cache or something similar ?

Please search our forums, before posting!

deafcoder
This is in my Custom CSS section under Pageline > Settings> Custom Code. No cache plug-ins are being used. I thought maybe it was a plugin conflict but at the moment, nothing appears to be in conflict. I am testing them all now to see what happens. I will let you know but for now, the first question is answered.

deafcoder
I have deactivated all the plugins and no change in the results. Looked up using Firebug this time it says 25px padding so obviously something is at issue here. Using the Base theme with the Developer.

gyoery
sorry to say, but I can't find your code! This is what you have in your css: #branding .content-pad { padding-top : 10px; padding-bottom : 10px; } got it from the source... and you have no left and right padding defined whatsoever... for .entry-content there is no css defined by you whatsoever in the source.... so I have no Idea where you are adding your lines, but not where you are supposed to. It should go in here: Pagelines > custom code > CSS Rules Go there, and search for (Ctrl + F) /* Adjusts branding section */ There you have the top and bottom padding defined, but not the left and right ones. Replace: #branding .content-pad { padding-top : 10px; padding-bottom : 10px; } with: #branding .content-pad { padding:10px 0px 10px 0px;} that should do the trick.

Jenny
You may have an error in your custom CSS somewhere. Make sure the CSS is all formatted correctly with no missing brackets or semicolons.

Jenny :: Web designer at Simple Mama (follow me at @simplemamacom)

Check out Share Me, a social sharing add-on for DMS that is super simple to set up.

gyoery
It is nowhere to be found in his whole site...

catrina
I'm not finding this CSS either. Do you have any other custom CSS on your site? If so, is that CSS working properly?

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

Founder | Catrina and Mouse

deafcoder
It was all in the Custom CSS. I managed to find the issue using the W3C CSS Validator. Terrific time-saver. (For now until I screw something up, lol).