Sign in to follow this  
mrmyth

BuddyPress Multisite

mrmyth

I got my site the way I want it, but now I want to build a network of sites with profiles for users. I have a multisite installation now and the main site is eraeducationproject.com and now I have another site that I'm starting called erauniversity.com So I want to add buddypress so that the erauniversity.com can have profiles for the students with avatars for their blog posts and networking between them. I don't want to wreck the look of my main site, however. Will buddypress play nice with my main site, or should I or can I isolate it to the erauniversity.com ? I need help with my game plan before I go forward. So so e advice from someone who has been there would be helpful.

Danny
Hi, This is something you would need to ask BuddyPress support, they're the best to answer this type of question. http://buddypress.org/support/

Please search our forums, before posting!

mrmyth
Can you tell me if Platform Pro is a BuddyPress Theme?

Danny
Platform Pro is no longer compatible with BuddyPress unfortunately.

Please search our forums, before posting!

mrmyth
Okay. Thanks for clearing that up. I know the Pagelines Framework is right? I'm just curious if it is a major thing to upgrade a pagelines Platform Pro site to the Pagelines framework, or is that is crazy work.

Rob
Upgrading to PageLines Framework does have a few little conversion steps that one must follow, such as differences in settings, which may need to be reset, sidebar widget order (just needs to be re-ordered) and utilizing its new options. Presently, Buddypress does in fact work with Framework but sidebars are still an issue but we're working on it. You could, I presume, connect your sites with the Buddypress installation with menu items. Crazy as this sounds, my food site has about a dozen different WP installs, but if you navigate the site, you'd barely notice that fact because they use common menu items, connecting visitors with each one. Because they all use the same colors, fonts, backgrounds, footers, etc. the visitor can't see the change. I suspect that if you utilize your menu, your visitors won't know they're going back and forth unless they actually look at the location bar, even if the look and feel of your site were different.

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur

mrmyth
That is brilliant. I like that idea.