Sign in to follow this  
bwinney@earthnc.com

Cannot change the font of the site

Hi there, I go into the Typography section of the Settings page and change all of the different font types to my heart's content and yet, no changes ever happen to the site. What am I doing wrong? Best, Brad

Simon
Brad, might help us a bit if you told us what font and what location it isnt working in?

Danny
Hi Brad, Have you tried disabling all your active plug-ins and then see if the changes take effect ?

Please search our forums, before posting!

That's a nightmarish prospect Simon. I have a number of them on the live site that would be problematic to disable (particularly Twitter / Facebook plug-ins etc). Is there some evidence of a plug-in conflict... that we know of?

Danny
Hi, I'm not sure as to why you're unable to change font using the typography settings. This is the reason why I have asked you to disable your plug-ins and see if the changes take place. If they do, its a plug-in conflict, if they don't you have another issue. Without checking we won't know.

Danny, Not to be obstinate here, but are you aware of ANY existing conflicts with plug-ins so that I can narrow my search? If not, have there been any other issues associated with the Typography font controls? This is a production site and turning off plug-ins is not a trivial thing for us. Please advise. Brad

Danny
Hi Brad, I am unaware of any issues with the Typography settings in PageLines Framework, most issues reported by users on the forums and on our helpdesk are caused by plug-ins. This is why, the first thing I ask when trying to resolve any issue reported by a user is for them to disable all your active plug-ins. 99.9% of the time this resolves the issue. Now I understand your reluctance to do so as your website is live. However, we are now at a cross roads, if the issue is caused by a plug-in, we are unable to find out.

Danny, Ok, we have now gone through and Deactivated each plug-in, one by one... no change. Then in frustration, we deactivated all of them, momentarily, and then set diffferent fonts in the Topograghy global settings... to no avail. Nothing changes with ZERO plug-ins activated. Could there be anything else we're doing wrong... settings or otherwise? Brad

Simon
You have javascript in the custom css box, that is not going to help. Javascript goes into the header scripts box, css goes into the css rules box.

Ok, we found the culprit. There was some custom CSS over-riding everything. Our previous developer did some tweaking and we just weren't aware of it. Please keep this in mind for future support instances. Best, Brad

Simon
Thats great but you didnt fix this: http://paste.pagelines.com/6w You have javascript inside a css style block, it cant work like that.