Sign in to follow this  
COVVHA

PLEASE HELP!!!!

COVVHA

I sent this to the email support a couple hours ago --- I started getting fatal memory errors last night. Followed everything in forums that I was told to do by other people having the same problem. Even had to trash a page and start over and publish a new one. Tried to edit a blog post last night and still getting fatal error reports as well as the fact that I cant even see the text in my post edit area. Woke up today to try to edit same post. Had same problem. Tried to start new post an cant even see the text in the box without highlighting nor can I click on HTML view for post or page editing. My father has been building websites and software for over 40 years and he cant even figure out what is going on after making a lucrative living doing this. I paid 200.00 for the pro version 2 weeks ago and I should not be in panic mode. Do not tell me to call hosting provider as we have already lookied into that and have the highest php memory allocated to us. I dont understand how this just happens all of a sudden and Imm not quite sure why I have no phone number to call!!!!

Simon
Please post the error.

COVVHA
I just removed the page lines theme and switched to a standard wp theme and everything worked perfectly. I switch back to pagelines again and I have all of the same problems. How do I upload a picture of the printscreen???

COVVHA
This is the first half of the error -- fatal error: out of memory (allocated 30932992) (tried to allocate 77824 bytes in /homepages I can not even make a new post the edit bars for the text boxes are gone

COVVHA
Why is it that If I switch themes everything works fine????

Simon
Your host has a hard limit set to 30M for PHP.

COVVHA
no they dont, it has nothing to do with my host my limit is set at 90. everything was working fine until last night. Youre not reading what I wrote. I took pagelines theme down and put up a standard one and everything went back to working properly. I put pagelines back up and I am still having the same issues

COVVHA
If this is what I paid 200.00 dollars for then please tell me how to get my money back

Simon
Excuse me, fatal error: out of memory (allocated 30932992) (tried to allocate 77824 bytes in /homepages 30932992 bytes is 30 megs, thats your limit NOT 90, you should talk to your host, im sorry. Maybe one of your plugins is using a bit too much memory, you can install 'debug bar' plugin to see actual page memory usage and database queries.

COVVHA
The debug bar is installed and I removed all new plugins deactivated and deleted im at 20 megs of use. This is not helping me

Simon
20 megs is 10 below your limit, so how many on the post/page edit screen?

COVVHA
you are not answering my questions. Everything worked fine until last night. do you work for pagelines? I dont have time for this if installing a theme other then pagelines corrects the problem then why shouldnt I just get my money back and move on?

Simon
Yes I do work for PageLines, I am a developer, yes i answered your question already, your memory limit is 30M I was just trying to establish what is pushing it over that limit. By all means contact hello@pagelines.com to open a ticket. If you want me to help, then enable debugging under advanced option so i can take a look. The theme you keep switching to has hardly any options and thats why it uses less memory. Each plugin you install will use that much more memory.

COVVHA
I have 4 active plugins that I am using and have always been using. My father is in the site now trying to figure out the memory allocations. Like I said if I attempt to make a new post I dont even have the editing bars and can not see any text that I put in, however if I publish the post it comes up. I am not getting error codes about memory anymore, I was giving you the codes I was getting last night, I took the extra plugins off and the codes went away.

COVVHA
everything is working fine on the outside, its the inside that is a problem

Simon
If you want me to look into why your post edit text is the wrong color, email me an admin login to simon @ pagelines.com As for you memory issues, the debug info says your limit is 90, like you said, but the fatel error code you posted is PHP crashing out because it is trying to allocate more than 30M, this might be something you want to ask your host.

COVVHA
I dont even have the bars on the text box to edit anything

COVVHA
My father has remote control of my desktop screen now, He can see all text in post boxes while using his admin acct. But when we log into mine we still cant see anything.

gyoery
First, start by learning basic forum rules! Name your title so it reflects your problem, and don't shout. Secondly, do as Simon told you, and contact your host provider.