Sign in to follow this  
gbaustin

Background Image Delay problem

gbaustin

Hi! I need to get some help from the experts. My background image has a slight delay when loading a page. I looked through some of the other discussions but didn't see any ideas as to what might solve the issue. Thanks, Greg

catrina
It may be an image size issue (your image may be too large in size). Is your image within the 15-20 KB range?

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

Founder | Catrina and Mouse

Simon
your page has to wait for all images to load first. And its mainly waiting for this http://www.elpatioaustin.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/01/ElPatioMenuCover.jpg 3000px x 4000px image that is 500kb ;)

gbaustin
Ok. I took your advice and lowered the size of my menu image in the 2nd box, the background image, and the header image but I still seem to be getting the delay before the background image is set. Any other thoughts? Thanks, Greg

Rob
Greg, Apparently, you used WordPress to scale the image Simon cited as being very large. Scaling doesn't reduce the file size, only the appearance you'll see. You need a graphics editor like PhotoShop or Paint Shop Pro to make the image a more manageable size. By reducing the actual image, you reduce the file size as well. Once reduced and saved, check the file size and make sure it's under 100K, then upload it to replace the very large image.

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur