Sign in to follow this  
tsalstrand

Full Width Feature Image on Blog Page

tsalstrand

I like how this site has full width images for his two feature posts and then smaller ones for the clips. Is that some special CSS he's using or just the settings? I've tried using firebug to figure it out and can't... help is greatly appreciated!

catrina
He is using specific settings in the PageLines Framework. In PageLines > Settings > Blog And Posts, select the following settings: [b]Blog Post Layout Mode[/b] > Magazine Layout Mode [b]Feature Post Excerpt Mode[/b] > On Top (Thumb on top, text below) [b]Full Width Posts (Magazine Layout Mode Only)[/b] > Choose "1" under "Number of Full Width Posts?"

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

Founder | Catrina and Mouse

tsalstrand
That is the exact settings I have right now. But it is showing thumbnail images... is there something I should do so that those images show as full? As you can see, I even copied his images to try and get it to appear the same. Still no bueno?

Rob
Did you change the thumbnail media size in [b]Dashboard > Settings > Media[/b] to match the sizes you wanted? It's possible that WordPress itself is restricting the size. I ask that because WP is scaling the image from 1024px by 512px to 147px ?— 74px.

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur

tsalstrand
You rock! I haven't ever even used those settings... totally forgot that WP has settings of its own! #-o Thank you very much!