Sign in to follow this  
jdbrasesco

What is the underlying grid system for Framework 2

jdbrasesco+    3
jdbrasesco

I've been reading around on the various grid systems - 960.gs, 978, 1080, 1140, etc...8 vs 12 vs 18 vs 24 columns... Pagelines' Framework default layout is recommending 1100px global content width. Assuming 10px margins, and 12 columns, it looks like an 1140 grid. That said, all the numbers don't quit match up when I plug the numbers into a grid system generator. So do I have this right? I need to make some design decisions requiring specific graphic sizes and I want to make sure I'm not missing something.

catrina    103
catrina
I am not familiar with the Framework's grid system, but you may want to factor in any padding that is present in the layout.

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

Founder | Catrina and Mouse

Andrew    201
Andrew
We developed a responsive grid system for you that is pimp! In fact, now that you remind me I'm going to forward this to the docs peeps. If you want to try and use in your development, it works like this: [code] // markup
content
content
content
[/code] that should make a three column, responsive/fluid layout for you. Use pp2, pp4, pp5 for 2, 4, and 5 column setups respectively. There is also a 'ppfull' mode e.g. [code] // markup
content
content
content
[/code] that removes the margin for more options (using padding instead)

Andrew    201
Andrew
Also remember, this uses percentage widths.. so its more flexible than any pixel based grid out there. It also uses css3 transitions on resize FTW

uwmltc    0
uwmltc
arpowers, Where do I put this customized code for a responsive grid system? I put it in the pagelines-customize/style.css but now I'm not sure where to go to manipulate the settings. Can you help? amangric

Danny    1,327
Danny
@uwmltc The above code goes in your post/page content editor not your style.css, the above code isn't even CSS. All you need to do is login to your Wordpress Admin Dashboard > Posts or Pages, either click on Add New or click on an existing post/page and then in the post/page editor add the above code. In the code, you can see the "content", add your content here and then save the post/page and when you refresh your post/page your content should be columns. **However, with the recent update you can now even more control over content in columns/rows, read the demo that can be seen here. http://demo.pagelines.com/framework/tools/#spyID3

Please search our forums, before posting!