Sign in to follow this  
amymorris

Feature opaque box color

amymorris

I would like to change the color of the opaque box on the features on this page? Is it an image that I would need to edit or can I do it with CSS code? I haven't been able to find an answer to this. Thank you.

Rob
Hi, Are you speaking of the shaded area in the slide or the navigation area below the slides?

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur

amymorris
The shaded area in the slide. Thanks.

Rob
No problem. Give me just a moment to take a look. Meanwhile, please download and install Firebug for Firefox at http://www.getfirebug.com. It's a great tool for identifying the CSS elements of your site. I'll be back shortly with a solution.

Rob
Try this: [code]#feature_slider .fcontent { color: #FFFFFF; font-size: 1.2em; line-height: 1.55em; text-shadow: 0 -1px 0 #000000; background:transparent !important; }[/code] It would go in Dashboard > PlatformPro > Custom Code > CSS Rules. Let me know if this works. I tested it on your site and it did remove the shadow background.

amymorris
It did remove the shadow, but I was trying to change the color of the shadow. Both of the color options were text. When I replaced transparent with the color code I wanted, it worked but is no longer transparent. This is the code I used. I replaced transparent with #510570. Any ideas? #feature_slider .fcontent { color: #FFFFFF; font-size: 1.2em; line-height: 1.55em; text-shadow: 0 -1px 0 #000000; background:#510570 !important; }

amymorris
I think the original is a background image uploaded with opacity. I'm checking now.

amymorris
It wasn't art and this code fixed it, for those who are trying to do the same. I'm not crazy about the more button being green, but it worked. Any answers on the more button? #feature_slider .fcontent { color: #FFFFFF; font-size: 1.2em; line-height: 1.55em; text-shadow: 0 -1px 0 #000000; background-color:#631c56;opacity:0.8; }