Sign in to follow this  
bethzimmerman

Changing a Font

bethzimmerman

This is probably obvious but ... I want to change the font in JUST the Universal Sidebar. I'm going to do it in the Google Fonts plugin but I can't figure out what coding to use to make the changes apply to ONLY the Universal Sidebar. I did some searching in the forum and tried this: div.widget-pad {font-family: FONTNAME; font-size: #px; background-color: #xxxxxx;} but it applied to ALL sidebars. How would I change it so it applies to only the Universal one? Thanks so much!

toasthosting
Hi Beth - the reason it applied to all sidebars is because the class "widget-pad" is used to provide padding automatically in lots of different places. I think what you need to start with is this: #sb_universal { font-family: FONTNAME; font-size: #px; background-color: #xxxxxx; } That will give a general font override for things in that sidebar - except if they are already styled elsewhere in the CSS. It's better to be much more specific though - is it a specific piece of text you want to change the font for? Try the code above - if there's no other styling information in the CSS, it should change the font.

bethzimmerman
PERFECT! Thank you!

toasthosting
Two for two! A good day all round lol :) -tony