Sign in to follow this  
cboq

bulleted list on Reader section does not seem to show up

cboq

Hello, I've just purchased the reader section and like it, but I've noticed that the bulleted lists don't seem show up in the content area on the reader. For example, for the job posting in Sarnia (http://www.cboq.ca/jobs/full-time-positions/), I'd like to bullet the info under 'Roles and Responsibilities', but it doesn't seem to show up on the site. I'm grateful for any help with this...

Jenny
Looking at your site's code, that section isn't using a bulleted list, but rather just carriage returns between each. Please make the list in list format so we can take a look.

Jenny :: Web designer at Simple Mama (follow me at @simplemamacom)

Check out Share Me, a social sharing add-on for DMS that is super simple to set up.

cboq
Thanks so much for your reply. I'm not sure if I'm communicating this well, but in the content section of the reader post for Sarnia, I hit the bulleted list button on the text under Roles and Responsibilities (and in the HTML - everything looked good with
    and
  • tags), but when I look at the actual page it does look as though there are carriage returns only. Firebug shows me the
      and
    • tags in that section as well - but alas no bullets come through. Is this helpful? Is there any code I should show you from my end?

catrina
There may be CSS that's disabling the bullets. For example, this may be somewhere in the CSS code: [code]list-style: none;[/code] You would need to add custom code to overwrite this. (The CSS attributes for list styling are described here: http://w3schools.com/css/css_list.asp)

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

Founder | Catrina and Mouse

cboq
Thanks - great tip. The bullets (seemingly across the whole site) were disabled. I added them in. Then, for any others interested, because the components of the 'answer' section in the Reader are built on
    , trying to modify a bulleted list within the text (created with
      ) adjusted the whole box, instead of merely the list of text I wanted to change. The work-around I discovered was to change my unordered list to an ordered list
        - and then modify that
          list with CSS so that it turned into bullets. There may be more elegant solutions, but it worked!