Sign in to follow this  
rainydayjoy

feature widths on different pages

rainydayjoy

My goal is to have a 640px feature slider on the left side of my home page and a full-size centered slider on another page. I'm using this CSS to customize it for the 2 different pages: .summer #feature_slider div.default-features {width: 940px;} .summer #feature-area {width: 940px} .summer #feature-footer {width: 940px;} .summer #feature_slider{width: 940px;} .summer #feature-area, .feature-wrap {width: 940px;} .summer #feature-footer {width: 940px;} .summer #features {margin-left:130px;} .home #feature_slider div.default-features {width: 640px;} .home #feature-area {width: 640px} .home #feature-footer {width: 640px;} .home #feature_slider{width: 640px;} .home #sidebar-wrap{margin-top:-400px;} .home #feature-area, .feature-wrap {width:640px;} .home #feature-footer {width: 640px;} The problem is that when I change one, the other changes too. The code that's on the bottom seems to trump the code on the top. Does that make sense? Right now, the code for the "home" page is making the "summer" page orient left. However, if I reversed the order, it moves the home page feature content to the center. I'm so confused. :) I'd appreciate any insight!

catrina
You'll need to add "body" before the "home" and "summer" selectors like so: body.home body.summer

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

Founder | Catrina and Mouse

rainydayjoy
Thanks for the response. I added body to every line, but nothing changed on the pages. Is there something else I'm missing?

catrina
Ah, wait, for the "summer" page, you need a different ID (just because the page is called "summer" doesn't mean the ID is "summer"). Can you post a link to the "summer" page? (I can't find it on your site)

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

Founder | Catrina and Mouse

rainydayjoy
Sure! http://69.89.31.211/~greenlg5/home/summer-camps/

Jenny
Change .summer to .page-id-849 :)

Jenny :: Web designer at Simple Mama (follow me at @simplemamacom)

Check out Share Me, a social sharing add-on for DMS that is super simple to set up.